chapter four

The next day, Lixue woke up with swollen, red eyes, crying the entire night until she passed out from hunger, sleepiness, and energy loss. She even called into work, taking three days of her personal time off. Thankfully, a friend who's married to her boss convinced them to accept it at the last minute.

Sulking in bed and ignoring everything and everyone was Lixue's goal but she was blessed and cursed with somewhat caring siblings. Combining Soraya and Ilesha's intensiveness with Tatum and Titus' gift-giving as they didn't live in the same state as them. Lixue began feeling overwhelmed as she wasn't up to speaking yet.

"I honestly had some dick waiting for me that I had to reschedule, are you coming out of that room or do I have to knock the door down?" Ilesha complained.

She was met with silence.

"Can you atleast eat something? Or drink some water?" Soraya offered.

Again, she was met with silence as well.

Lixue turned her back to the door, just as her phone began to vibrate with a call. She retrieved her phone from under the pillow. It was Theodore calling, ignoring the call she stared at the text thread from the night before.

Hearing the door slammed against the wall, Lixue jumped up seeing Ilesha twirl a butter knife between her fingers. She sat up rubbing her eyes and glared at her sisters. Soraya wasn't far behind with a plate of waffles, eggs and bacon.

"C'mon, let's get this lil talk over with. I got places to be and someone to screw." Ilesha claimed.

"Then go," 

Ilesha frowned and went to sit on the edge of the bed, Soraya followed suit and sat on the other side with the plate in her lap. Lixue tried her best to ignore their presence but her stomach gurgled from hunger.

"Eat." Soraya urged her, placing the plate in front of her.

Lixue accepted the food but picked at it until Ilesha smacked her arm to eat it. Again, her phone vibrated it and Soraya picked it up and declined the call before turning it off completely.

"Tatum and Titus sent some money, in case you want some retail therapy." Soraya informed her.

"I want to be alone, thank you for the food but I just don't want to talk to y'all." Lixue sighed.

Soraya looked to Ilesha before standing, "Look, I gotta be back in front of the desk but after work we'll revisit this." She said.

Ilesha watched her leave before putting all of her attention Lixue rolled her eyes and motioned towards the door.

"Go suck some dick." She grumbled.

"You want to know how I got over my first heartbreak?" Ilesha smirked.

"You said that you never had your heart broken." 

"I mean I might've caught feelings for a guy a long time ago but that was stupid of me to do so. I mean, what did mama always say?" Ilesha hummed.

Lixue sighed, "You can never trust a man." 

"Right so you can either get revenge and move on or you can make their life hell as you move on. Which will it be?" 

"That's so toxic." Lixue complained.

"Have you met your family? Your brothers are whores, Soraya is trying be single and fuck her husband on the side and well, you know how I am." Ilesha shrugged.

"And?" 

Ilesha chuckled, "Your father is just...well he's the biggest hoe out of all of us. Momma, she just never knew when to walk away and when she had multiple chances she came back to raise his side piece's daughter. No offense, she ain't know she was the side piece, rest her soul." She concluded.