chapter eight

The following morning, Lixue was ready to leave already. She had just got done changing her number, and sent it to everyone she wanted to have it. Instead of leaving at the end of the month, she wanted to hit the road now.

"Yo! I'm here and I'm hungry." Titus entered the house loudly.

"Can't you just eat on the road?" Lixue complained.

"Why should I spend my own money?"

Soraya met them out in the living room, she had packed him some breakfast and lunch for the road in a small cooler. 

"Travel safely." She kissed his cheek.

"Why is this Deja Vu?" Lixue chuckled.

"Cause me and Esha always played momma while ma was out chasing daddy. Anyways, call me once you get there." She turned to hug her.

"Oh, I'm not driving, I brought a friend. He'll take you to Tatum." Titus went to the kitchen to eat.

Lixue followed behind him, "What do you mean? You're putting the safety of your baby sister in the hands of a complete stranger?" 

Before Lixue could continue with her complaining there was a knock at the door. Soraya went to answer it and returned with a man that Lixue had never seen before. She looked him up and down, then looked to Soraya who was already eyeing him.

He was about five-nine, soft brown eyes and tanned skin but from the look of his wrist covered by a bracelet he wasn't as pale as most. The man had short blondish brown hair that swooped to the side a bit.

"Are we leaving or not?" He asked.

"Who the fuck are you?" Lixue scoffed.

"She's the rude one?" He ignored her, directing his question to Titus.

"Actually, that's Ilesha, this is the baby of the family." Titus laughed.

The man smiled as he looked back at her, Lixue glared at him in return. 

"I'm Cameron."

"Okay, can you just fill up the truck and I'll just follow you in my own car." Lixue sighed.

"I'm driving back in your car." Titus interjected.

"Then I'm—"

"I am not riding with you for the next seventeen hours," Titus cut her off.

"I can handle seventeen hours easily." Cameron commented.

"I bet you can." Soraya muttered.

Cameron grinned and Lixue rolled her eyes, "Fine, whatever, just go pack the van." She grumbled.

He left with a smile on his face.

Lixue did think he was attractive, but there was something about him that she didn't like. She couldn't pinpoint it but it was there. If anything, she wouldn't mind riding him.

"How old is he?" Soraya whispered.

"Twenty-seven." Titus answered.

"Single?" 

Titus nodded and took a drink of his water.

"LiLi, hop on that or either Soraya will." He laughed.

"She doesn't like white men." Soraya teased.

Lixue rolled her eyes, "I'm not picky, it's just there's something about him." She smirked.

"He's cocky, that's all. Take him for a spin, but just a tip. Hearing cock is a culture shock." Soraya mentioned.