chapter six

"You can't just quit your job and skip town just because of a breakup. Where are you going to go at least?" Soraya sighed.

Lixue looked up at her from her phone as she was in the middle of looking at apartments. Though her eyes were swollen and red from crying, she squinted at the screen as she swiped through multiple pages. Soraya came and sat across from her, taking the phone out of her hand.

"Talk to me, please."

"There's nothing to say, he doesn't want what I want. I have to move on fast if I want my life on track the way I need it to be." Lixue explained.

Soraya clasped her hands together and sighed, "Sweetheart, I promise you marriage isn't all that it's cracked up to be." She informed her.

"Maybe for you, Raya! I have always known that this is what I want. I want a husband that loves me unconditionally. I want a beautiful family that's not traumatized from a dysfunctional relationship. That is what I want and that's what I deserve." 

Lixue dropped her phone into her lap, she rubbed at her eyes as fresh new tears burned at her eyes.

"You'd think they would've gotten their shit together with you being the youngest." Soraya sighed.

Scoffing, Lixue bit her lip as she looked up at her. "Then they had the audacity to up and move the moment I turned eighteen to start fresh." She complained.

Soraya smiled, "They're the worst." 

Lixue nodded, "I want to leave by the end of the month, I'm gonna visit Tatum and Titus for a bit and have them help me find a place." She said.

"Oh, okay, that sounds like a plan." Soraya nodded.

Lixue groaned, "I'm so fucking pissed, I feel stupid. Like it's my fault that I wasted ten years, right? I thought he would change his mind." 

"I wouldn't say you were stupid, just hopeful, I guess." Soraya hummed.

Staring at her packed boxes and suitcases, Lixue had basically packed her entire life or what little life that she had and was feeling displaced. From living with her sisters from eighteen and then moving in with Theodore at twenty-one. She felt a sense of dissociation seeing as in a way, he  was part of her life for so long.

"Do you wanna day drink?" Soraya asked.

Lixue perked up at the mere mention of alcohol, " I mean, I could go for a drink or two but you always complain that you don't drink before five." She rolled her eyes.

Soraya smiled, "I need some liquid courage, I'm talking to Jasper today about the divorce."

Lixue's mouth formed an 'o' as she stretched her legs and stood up, she didn't comment, because she couldn't understand where her sister was coming from. But she could only speak for herself, if she didn't want kids, she wouldn't have kids. If she didn't want to be married then she simply wouldn't be.

A loud, dramatic gasp left her mouth as she gripped Soraya's arm.

"AM I JASPER?" Lixue questioned.

Soraya cackled, "What?"

"Am I trying to force Teddy into something I know he doesn't want? I mean, without the baby trap part?" 

"If you have to ask that question then you should already know the answer? So I'm gonna shoot another question at you; why are you so upset if you knew the answer from the very beginning to make him out to be the bad guy?" 

Soraya tilted her head to the side with a smirk.

"Because I want him to choose a damn life with me, and no it's not the fucking same as living together in a relationship!"