2.10.: Ellaria - Labyrinth.

You know how much I hate that everybody just expects me to bounce back

Just like that

Uh oh, I'm falling in love

Oh no, I'm falling in love again

Oh, I'm falling in love

I thought the plane was going down

How'd you turn it right around

Labyrinth, by Taylor Swift

________________________________________________

WARNING:

This chapter contains very graphic descriptions of death. 

Please, read with caution.

________________________________________________

Putting on that cloak came back to bite her in the ass VERY quickly.

Looking at it from a logical perspective, it could be said that she should not have gone to sleep, and problem solved. But her prophetic dreams were all the clues she had now, so she needed sleep to know what was happening now. Or at least have something to work with. Ellaria put on her silk pajamas again then, and fell asleep before the rest of the house finished getting up from the dinner table.

Ellaria could hear them whispering, even as she drifted off into dreams.

She was walking through the wild forest of Sparta, with silent and precise steps. Alexius was to her left, and Maekar to her right, at a safe distance. The three stalked in search of their targets.

It was the end of the second year of their first war, the three were no more than twelve years old, and this was their first solo mission. Well, theoretically, it was Ellaria's mission. But even the gods knew that none of the three could separate too long from each other.

It was known in the armies that to find one of the youngest kids of Zeus, he was to find all three.

Always.

Not a soul was surprised, or put up a fight, when Ellaria chose her most close brothers to accompany her to the neutral territories for a mission not related with the war. Alexius couldn't say yes to her any faster, and Maekar had never doubted that it would be their job to follow her.

The mission was simple. They have to find a lair of some cyclops, who had been tormenting northern Sparta, especially the nearest mortal towns, and eliminate them all, so the area was safe. The three walked until they found the monsters, chased them through and killed most of them. There was only one of them left at this point.

Upon starting the mission, they had realized that they were chasing a group of three brothers, who had been cooking the mutilated body of a mortal they had captured that morning. Which had seemed poetic at the time: it would be three brothers who would kill them in retaliation for the death of that mortal and all the others who had killed them.