1.6: Ellaria - Home and Heart.

❝ People think that intimacy is about sex. But intimacy is about truth. When you realize you can tell someone your truth, when you can show yourself to them, when you stand in front of them bare and their response is 'you're safe with me'- that's intimacy.❞ 

Taylor Jenkins Reid in The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.

Ellaria didn't sleep at all. She couldn't, her instincts didn't allow it.

She was in an unknown world, surrounded by people of unknown races, and there was no way her brain was shutting down anytime soon. Of course, despite that, she enjoyed the comfort of the mattress in one of the rooms of the mansion after Azriel left and the sun fully rose.

As the camp began to wake up, Ellaria listened attentively to the way those people still began their day. How the children screamed and cried in the cold of the morning when they wanted to continue sleeping, how the males began their training, or how the females began with the care of the camp. All from the comfort of that bed.

When she grew bored with the daily life of the Illyrians; and the smell of the breakfasts being cooked in the houses made her hungry, sat up in bed to start the day without ever having finished the previous one.

The wind opened the curtains of the room for her, and a tray of breakfast appeared on the nightstand. The food disappeared quickly after she began to eat; and the wind told her that Nesta was sleeping. She wasn't sure why it would tell her that information, but was grateful for it.

Her only problem with not sleeping this time was that she couldn't relive her vision of the girls on the beach, to see if there were any more details she had missed. Or maybe she could have some other dream with other clues, but she couldn't do that either until she settled more into the world.

She decided to work with what she had so far then; and the only thing she had till this moment was Nesta Archeron.

Ellaria didn't know how or why, but Nesta was important to her. So, she decided that this woman would be the best starting point to find out what was going on. She came out from under the blankets, setting the tray aside in the bed, and stood up to start walking towards the bedroom door. A mass of fabrics suddenly falling out of nowhere on her head made her stop in her tracks.

"What the-" Ellaria exclaimed, fighting with the fabrics as she pulled them out of her sight. Once in her hands, Ellaria took a moment to move the fabrics around and figure out what they were.

It is seen that after the coat incident the night before, the house was determined to get her attention regarding her clothing. She couldn't blame it, if it weren't for the clean and ready-to-wear outfit that had thrown over her head, Ellaria wouldn't have noticed that she was still in her pajamas and long socks.

"Okay, message received." Ellaria whispered, arranging the clothes in her arms.

Another sound behind her caught her attention. The rain of the shower in the bathroom connected to the room had been turned.

"Seriously? Now you're sending me to take a shower?" she asked, outraged. The bathroom room suddenly opened in response. "First of all: I'm literally incapable of producing odor in my sweat; and second: I'm not one for following orders" Ellaria tried to explain, logically and low-key offended.

A group of towels hit her in the face in response, the same way the clothes did.

Ellaria didn't say anything more. She just stomped towards the bathroom while furiously pulling the towels off her head, all while cursing that she had been reduced to accepting orders from a house.