Chapter Six

Simon had asked David on a date during their phone call. They had agreed to go to a restaurant and have a drink. Simon wasn't planning on having more than one drink after what had happened the first time that he had been drunk around David. He didn't want to go further than kissing tonight if David wanted to do anything. Anything further would require a discussion between him and David, and the explanation of how sex worked for Simon.

It was finally Friday, the day of their date. Simon was surprisingly nervous for it.

He wiped his palms on his pants. Eric had already been taken to Amanda's house to spend the night with Hollie, his best friend so Simon didn't need to worry about his son. He just had to worry about the date. He put his wheelchair back together after getting the chair out of the car and transferred into it. He and David were going to meet at the restaurant. He spotted David by the restaurant's entrance.

"Hello," David greeted. "How are you tonight?" He smiled. Simon loved David's smile. He smiled back.

"Hello, David," Simon responded. "I'm alright. How are you?" David held the door for Simon to go in. Simon wheeled in, thanking David.

"I'm good. I'm looking forward to tonight," David spoke. He gave his name for the reservation. David had made the reservation for their date after having told Simon about the restaurant the day before, during their phone call when they were discussing where they could go on a date.

"Me too," Simon replied. They were brought to the table. One of the seats had already been removed for Simon. Luckily the restaurant was wheelchair accessible for him. David had made sure of it before he had made the reservation. He didn't want Simon to struggle because David had chosen a restaurant that wasn't wheelchair accessible.

Simon placed his drink order with the waitress. David made sure that one of the drink options was Simon's favorite beer but he had ordered a skinny lager instead after seeing it on the menu. David ordered himself a glass of wine.The two men began to talk.

"David, I honestly do want to be in a relationship with you if you want to be," Simon said, taking a sip of his lager. "I know I had talked about it last night but I do hold romantic feelings for you."

"I do too, Simon," David responded. "I want to see where the first date will take us but I would like to be in a relationship with you as well. I know that it'll will affect our friendship since we are turning it into a different type of relationship."

"You're right," Simon responded. They had made it official that they were in a relationship. They could decide later on when they would want to tell people but it was much too soon to be thinking of doing that. The waitress came back for their food orders. Both men ordered. David noticed that Simon ordered a vegetarian dish.

"I used to be vegan so I still like some of the vegetarian options that I used to eat. I'll still eat vegan sometimes," Simon explained. "I had to stop being vegan because it was causing me to lose too much weight and made me lose bone density."

"Really. What did you miss when you were vegan?" David questioned. He was interested in learning something that he didn't know about Simon. He knew many things, the names and ages of Simon's dogs, how Simon had reacted to finding out that his ex girlfriend was pregnant with Eric years ago but, not that Simon used to be vegan.

"Pizza," Simon responded. "I had also given up gluten too when I had gone vegan. I eat some now."

"And you look very good. You're very handsome, Simon," David complimented. Simon blushed, his cheeks reddening. It didn't take many compliments to make Simon blush and that was one of David's favorite things about Simon.

"Thank you," Simon replied. The waitress came with the appetizer that the men had ordered.

_

David drove to Simon's house. He was planning on spending the night with Simon after their date. He didn't have any expectations for it as they had just entered the relationship, although he knew that Simon was a great kisser based off of when they had made out a month ago after Simon had gotten completely drunk. Simon had already arrived home before he did. He pulled into the parking spot next to Simon's car. The light on the front stoop was on for David as he made his way up the walkway. He knocked on the door.

"Hello, again," David spoke once Simon had opened the door.

"Hey, David," Simon responded. "Why don't I give you an actual tour of my house?" Simon had one of his dogs, Squiddly, if David remembered correctly on his lap. Simon had a massive love for dogs and he had recently adopted another dog to train to be a service dog for him. They went through the house together, ending in Simon's bedroom.

"Didn't think I would end up here again," David remarked. He set down the backpack he had put his stuff in to spend the night. Simon got the dog off of his lap and transferred into bed. David got into bed next to Simon. "Is it alright if I kiss you?"

"Yes," Simon responded. David gently kissed Simon's lips, deepening the kiss. Simon's hand went to the back of David's head as Simon's tongue made its way into his mouth. Simon kissed him deeply.

"I should tell you something, David," Simon spoke, breaking off their kiss. "Before we get too deep into things tonight."

"What do you want to tell me?" David questioned.

"I'm still able to get erections and everything still works even though I am paralyzed from t-twelve down," Simon spoke. He brought David's hand to his back, letting David feel where the vertebrae that Simon was paralyzed at. "I might get hard tonight so I didn't want you to be shocked. Sex still works relatively the same for me. There are just certain positions that I can't do."

"Like doggy style?" David questioned. Now he was curious. He kissed down Simon's neck, making the older man's breath hitch. One hand went to Simon's chest.

"Yes. Doggy style is hard for me unless I am bent over something that can support me from the bottom," Simon responded. "I can thrust though." He had learned it through different physical therapy exercises what he would be able to do.

"That's alright with me," David responded. He was curious to know if Simon would be good in bed.

Simon nodded. he hadn't ever had sex with another man but it seemed like perhaps David had. Simon kissed David passionately. "I don't want to go too far tonight. Can we just kiss tonight?" Simon questioned.

"Sure," David responded. "We can work our way up to having sex." He kissed Simon's jaw, wanting to take Simon's shirt off of him. Simon beat him to it and took off his shirt once David had broken the kiss off to breathe. They both knew that they wouldn't push the boundaries that they had placed down tonight. Tonight would be just kissing and maybe some naked cuddling if David could convince Simon of the idea.