Chapter 20| Mare-yelo

Tara's P.O.V

"Zero? Zero. Tara? Jum-!" I stir, quickly alarmed, as I hear someone calling us from our slumbers. It didn't take me long to figure out it was Stanley's voice that beckoned us, but the question was; was he alone? I look at Zero, seeing him slowly pulling himself out of dreamstate, looking at me confused before looking to the opening. I hold a hand, pushing myself forward and slowly creep out on all fours. I ignored him for a moment, peeking around the edge cautiously. He gives a tired sigh of a chuckle, holding an open up.

"Nobody followed. It's just me." I hum quietly, feeling Zero crawl his way up, peeking out and squinting from the bright lights that beamed down in all its glory.

"Huh? Stanley." I smiled while crawling out a bit further to the side as the two looked more than happy to be reunited, Stanley rushing over and dropping down before the boy.

"What's up, man? How you doing?" Stanley pulls Hector to him, I sit across from them.

"All right." They pulled back, sitting side by side as Stanley looked him over.

"We all thought you guys were gone." My eyes averted down, the stuff that I've seen since coming to this camp, it really makes one question.. well, everything.

"I was." Zero admits lightly.

"Let me see. You don't look too bad." There was nobody, there didn't seem to be any sign of life besides the bugs that scurried about.

"You got any water?" Zero questions.

"No. I'm out." Hector groans at this, my eyes and head rolling up.

"But, hey. You now the water truck? I tried to drive the whole thing over here. I drove it into a hole." I snort at this as Zero shakes his head with what little energy he has.

"Figures." I nod to his comment, the longer I sat in the sun the worse I was starting to feel.

"No kinddin'." I mumble. Stanley starts moving around, a sack coming into view before be starts unfolding it.

"What's in the bag?"

"Oh, it's empty." I groan out dramatically in exasperation, leaning back into the dirt pile behind me more. It was silent for a moment, Zero resting his head against the boat. I leaned back forward, catching Caveman's eye for a brief second before he looked back to Hector.

 I leaned back forward, catching Caveman's eye for a brief second before he looked back to Hector

"Zero, we gotta get back to camp." I scrunch my face, not exactly liking the idea of going back but, well the idea of going back to see Zig-Zag and the others did sound enticing, some water would really be nice too. Zero looks at him.

"I'm not going back." Stanley shakes his head, looking off to the side before looking to me, gesturing his head to Zero. My lips flatten.

"I mean, Hector, man. The Sploosh is alright and all, but, I don't think we can survive much longer on it." I try, not really giving it my best but, at least some reason. Stanley suddenly raises a brow, turning to Zero just as he offered him some.