Chapter 51: Confessions

🌶️Spicy kissy fluffy scene 🌶️

•×•

Minho had me wrapped in his arms the moment the Homestead door slammed shut behind us. I looked up into his eyes, they were dark and intense when he looked at me, it made my stomach back flip again. One hand held my jaw and it slid into my hair pulling me closer. He kissed me like I was going to disappear. I pushed up onto my tipy toes and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him back just as desperately. 

I felt all his unsaid words and all the unspoken confusing emotions that ran through both of us during our night in the maze. His strong arm around my waist held me tighter and lifted me off the ground. The hand that was tangled in my hair slid down and held me tighter, lifting me higher, I wrapped my legs around his waist. He was carful with the bandages, not to hold them. But he held me up easily, and walked us down the hall, all without breaking our kiss. 

I knew I was scared to lose him, the hurt of him leaving and then seeing alive, all those wild emotions came slamming back. The desperate need to have him close, the only person I was absolutely comfortable with to let my guard down. I squeezed him a little tighter, I felt my throat getting tight and the sting of tears. I was actually really scared to lose him. Minho's eyes fluttered open for a second, he seemed to understand and he held me closer, our kiss becoming even more desperate. 

Our bedroom door closed and he turned and pressed me into the wall, pressing his body even closer. I couldn't breath anymore, but I didn't want to let go. My hands were tangled in his hair, keeping his close. He broke first and pressed his forehead against mine, his nose rubbing mine. I only now noticed the tears that threatened to fall actually did, and my checks were wet. 

"Why are you crying Baby?" He panted.

"I almost lost you! You left and I thought you were gone forever....I thought you were just another person in my life who used me and left me behind. But...then you came back an-"

He stopped my whispering by pressing his lips against mine again, it was soft and gentle, different from the desperate kiss we just had. He made my eyes flutter shut and a small little squeak escape. He pulled away, gently placing me back on my feet. His hands went to hold my face. 

"Jessie, I made some shucky decisions in the few years I can remember, but that tops them all. It'll always be the worst mistake of my shucky life. As soon as my shuck brain caught up with what I did it was too late and I had no idea where you and Thomas had gone. Jess...I broke. I actually just sat and cried." 

I looked up into his eyes, they looked so broken and lost. His body sagged, leaning into me and the wall, like he couldn't stand up much longer. I saw the anguish and shame written all over his face. He looked away, averting his eyes.

"Promises are sometimes too big to uphold." I whispered. 

He looked at me with a mix of shock, shame and possibly hope. 

"Minho...I don't want words, and empty promises. I want you to show me. Don't tell me your not gonna leave, show me you wont leave...when it gets tough and scary, stand be side me and fight."

I heard him hum and his chest rumbled slightly. 

"I love you...that scares me because they can use that against me...its ammunition in the loaded gun. Unattached I had nothing they could use. Now they have you and that scares me..."

"Me too. I've never felt like this...and I'm positive before this, I never felt like this. They can take everything from me...but not you. Shuck not you, and if they do...I'm going to burn the world down." His voice was deep and it rumbled.