017 : Hurts?

Jungwon didn't knew what to expect when he got paired (or more like taki created a illusion) with jay, but this awkward silence was definitely not something he expected.

He thought maybe, just maybe they would talk about things or just bicker––he wanted the former but denied it.

He glanced at the older who walked ahead of him, holding the list of paper, jungwon felt like he isn't even the part of the game.

Jay kept going on his own and jungwon just followed him everywhere––not like he was interested, he knew every place the objects were placed.

After all the event was planned by sunoo and done by jungwon and few other council members.

"are we going to spend the entire time like this, jongseong?" jungwon couldn't bear the silence anymore.

He had no interest in talking with the older, however he wasn't, isn't and will never be fond of the silence, it ate him from inside.

"why, you don't like it?" Jay turned to look at him, "no, I dont." he raised his brow at the blunt response.

"that's not my business then?" Jungwon frowned at the older behaviour as he watched him walk away.

"why do you hate me?" jungwon could hear the sound of leaves getting crushed against their boots as they wandered around.

"I am talking with you, jongseong." jay turned abruptly, bumping slightly with the younger.

"why are you so talkative today, dimples?"

"why? Does my voice irritate you?" Jay laughed at his words.

"irritate? Yeah, maybe." jungwon frowned at his remark. He didn't liked it, it hurt him but he wasn't going to be telling him that, he was never vocal about his feelings.

Silence envolped them again as they walked in silence, heading back to the marked place with the objects they found.

Jay looked at his right, the sun was setting, and it created a heavenly view with a mixture of orange, red and white; the green trees adding to the view.

It felt beautiful to walk, but his heart felt heavy. He didn't know why––maybe because of the heavy gloomy aura radiating from the protagonist behind him.

"are you tired?"

Jungwon looked up startled by the question, "why do you care?" the question slipped before he could even register them.

"right? I hate it when my heart cares about you."

Jungwon halted as he heard those words, his heart picking its beats for reason unknown to him.

Jay turned to look at him, his face ever so monotonous, yet there was something in his eyes that jungwon wished he didn't understood.

"let's hurry before it gets dark."

Jungwon didn't spoke a words as he silently followed jay back to the academy.

The sunset is so beautiful.

______________