023: Seperate?

"where were you yesterday? I searched you in library after classes finished but you weren't there?"

Jungwon watched jake settle his things around the desk in the council room, no one was present since it was really early when the duo decided to come and finish the remaining work.

Jungwon struggled to find a excuse to give, he understands why the older asked him the question. After the practice with jay, they always stay there for hours in silence before retreating to dorm.

And by the time jungwon reaches his room, Jake's always already asleep which is unusual but jungwon understand since they are having extra council work since last month.

"i was practicing." it wasn't really truth, but it wasn't a lie either. Every time jay fell to the ground exhausted, jungwon was there to heal him immediately and that could be call as practice, right?

"what do you need to practice for? You're already perfect. " jake glanced at him, a hint of suspicion in his gaze. It's been almost two months since he found jungwon coming late at night on some days.

"i am not perfect." jungwon frowned at what jake said. He isn't perfect and he doubt he will ever be able to and not to forgot, it brings back alot of memories and not good ones.

"i am sorry." jake was quick to realise his mistake, mentally scolding himself for saying about something that the younger hold very bitterly.

"it's okay, and how are things between you and Sunghoon hyung?" jungwon knows his friend will continue to blame himself so he needed to change the topic (or perhaps to save himself from more questions)

"uh, it's going just fine. We've have become good friends?" despite the hesitation in his voice, his eyes had a spark in them which jungwon noticed, he always does.

"actually, he is nice, very nice. And i feel afraid now jungwon.." uncertainty flashed in Jake's eyes, "before I had thought that when we will live in our stories, I would be fine with our memories, but now i just don't think I can."

Jungwon understood what the older wanted to relay, it was one of the reason why he didn't wanted to associate himself with anyone apart from Jake.

But now, he doubts he feel the same. The moments he had shared with the other boys, he wanted to cherish them and he often found himself finding times to spend with them.

He didn't know what words would bring comfort to the older, but he tried, "i think time teaches us everything, so leave to it."

He didn't had to say much, he knew jake would be able to understand the depth of his words.

Time doesn't heal anything, it just teaches us how to live with that pain.

______________

"i really miss my mom's cooking!"

Geonu whined, taking the first bite of ramyeon with a sour face. Heeseung, who sat opposite of him, rolled his eyes. "then please go back."

"i would have if I could, a long time ago that is."

K sook his head at the two who again started bickering as usual. The guys were sitting in the cafeteria during their lunch time.

"i miss my mom's cooking too and not to mention her naggings." ni-ki agreed, nodding his head as he mixed the ingredients in the cup.

"i never thought there would be a day where I would be dying to hear my mom's constant taunt about how my stomach is aching because of my phone."