Chapter Five

|| NOT EDITED ||

 WARNING: CONTAINS TORTURE, AND MENTION OF CHILD TRAFFICKING.

Adrian twirled the white chess piece as a small smile danced on his lips.

White-a colour so pure, often marking purity, beginnings and everything holy. But people could easily taint white despite it being associated with purity and holiness.

A drop of any colour could be dark or light, but white, wouldn't remain pure. It would taint white.

A satisfied sigh left Adrian's lips as he placed his pawn on the other side of the chessboard. His white pawn stood tall in the d8 position, the black colour underneath the white pawn glimmering. A pawn might be the most fun piece to play with. In the beginning, anyone could place them strategically guarding the other big moves, but once it came down to the endgame?

The move of the pawn was magical.

"Adrian, you need to stop this."

Adrian looked at Juan, who was scowling back at him. "My, my, are you asking me to stop playing chess?"

Juan threw his hands in exasperation while Adrian looked at the other side of the board, wondering which piece to move.

'Hmm', he could use his bishop.

Nodding a little, Adrian reached for his bishop, a sleek figure carved from ebony, and lifted it from its square. The bishop, a master of diagonal manoeuvres, could hold the key to unlocking his opponent's fate.

"You cannot just choose a torture method through chess!"

Adrian gave out a noise of displeasure and ignored Juan.

As he contemplated his options, Adrian visualised the potential consequences of each move. His mind raced through the possibilities, calculating the risks and rewards carefully. How easy would this game be if he used the Queen now?

No, he wanted to use the Bishop; he had not used that for a while.

If he placed the Queen at b5, there was good chance to take a different route.

Adrian's thumb rubbed on the smooth carving of the bishop, opting for two options;

Torture or easy kill.

Adrian, however, was never one to play fair. A bullet to the head was too easy.

Adrian set his bishop down on square d7, moving from c6, solidifying his pawn's win. A pawn could be deadly if the master holding onto it knew how to use it.

Smoothly, he took his pawn, and it leapt across the bishop, taking it out.

"This is getting ridiculous, Adrian!"

Groaning, Adrian looked at the chessboard and shrugged, "I would win, either way. Let's go."

Adrian stood up, fixed the cuffs of his shirt and rolled his shoulders. He moved around the table and motioned for Rosco to follow him.

"You never told me why you called that girl 'Lina'. You are never the one for nicknames."

Adrian looked at his second-in-charge. "Adeline is the daughter of Ronan Gracia, I am sure you know that."

Juan nodded, "Of course I do. Your father killed that man for exposing him."

Adrian nodded absentmindedly.

"Before that, Adeline and I used to go to the same high school. We dated for 2 months, 2 blissful fucking months, but then she opened her big mouth to Ronan and signed his cue to Satan's lair."