Chapter Two

Author's Note: This is the first draft and it has not been edited in any form. Please feel free to point out any mistakes.

Thank you! x

|| Not Edited ||

Warning: Blood and slight torture.

Adeline's eyes were fixated on the glass table in front of her, her surroundings eerily quiet. It was odd because there was always some sort of noise present in the background. Adeline, however, did not share the same situation. It was like she had been shut off from the world - nothing but silence ringing in her ears.

The situation felt like someone had slapped a pair of ear muffs on her head, muffling every sound around her. She couldn't even hear herself breathing.

Despite the absence of sound, she could feel something irregular inside her- her heart pounding against her ribs.

Her heart was beating fast, faster than it usually did, but that didn't affect her breathing. She was breathing slowly, calmly. She wondered if anyone else could hear the constant thumping because right now, she could only feel each beat flowing out from the centre of her chest.

There was a sudden twitch in her.

How could her heart beat so fast, yet she didn't exert any visible signs of that?

The quietness grew, as the muscles in her body started contracting, making Adeline whimper. The sound cut through the quietness of the air, but she didn't hear it.

However, she started to remember things.

Where was she?

Waiting for Adrian Alexander Flores.

How did she get here?

She was kidnapped.

What happened at her house?

Her heart started beating more erratically as she started recollecting what had happened in the last few hours.

3 hours earlier

Adeline stood in the kitchen as she hummed to herself and swayed from side to side. She had no idea what tune she was humming, but it held a certain joyous beat to it, and she loved it. She was cooking a little snack for herself to enjoy whilst she watched her favourite show with her baby.

A bright smile made its way up to her lips at the thought of her beautiful daughter, Natalie Rosalina Grace. She was only 11 months old, and lord if she wasn't the cutest thing Adeline had ever seen.

However, just like on a sunny day, the clouds looming in the sky create a darkening aura around the surroundings, and the sound of the front door opening with a huge bang, had the same effect on Adeline.

Her motherly instincts kicked in, and without a second thought she grabbed the sharpest knife she could see and whipped her head around, at the same time she saw five men dressed in all black with their faces covered with a mask enter the living room.

Acting quickly she crouched down. The kitchen counter would block their view for now. All she needed to do was crawl to the other side of the counter and hide behind the wall. Next, she would have to roll and get herself hidden in the pathway that led to her daughter's room. Fortunately, the pathway was closer to the kitchen but from the onlooker's view, the grand staircase blocked the path.

She hoped it would give her enough time to get to her baby.

She peaked behind the corner and saw the men looking around the house. One of the men in the front did the signal with his left hand and pointed two fingers towards the staircase, and promptly two men started moving up the stairs.