PROLOGUE /// EXPOSITION

Exactly 1,157 years ago, Mankind had waged a great war with itself. A war that spanned over 200 years, and the effects of it still being present well over 500 years after it concluded.

Aptly named "The Final War".
The most devastating war in history.
500 million casualties, and billions affected by it.

The cause of this war has long since been lost to time, as all the recorded information about it was destroyed during the war.

However, the most prominent thing that happened during this war was the major scientific discoveries made.

Albeit, all of them were made for the sake of the war.

One of the more notable advancements was the invention of heat or energy-based weaponry, which completely made weaponry that used ammunition like the standard firearm near obsolete.

This type of weaponry essentially had infinite ammo due to the nature of how it worked.

Although it still technically required and used ammo to fire, it would take weeks of non-stop shooting for it to run out.
And, all the weapon needs is a single shaving of metal for it to be reloaded again.

This was revolutionary at the time, as soldiers no longer needed to reload in the midst of battle, and this advancement made battles far longer as a result.

However, the next advancement would prove more groundbreaking and more deadly at the same time..

..

At one point in The Final War, major powers were preventing one another from getting useful resources like oil.

Due to this, all of them began to think of a way to circumvent the need for fossil fuels. At the same time, acquiring and maintaining human soldiers was getting more difficult by the day, as nearly all of them were in critical condition, both physically and mentally.

24 hours of fighting every day was beginning to take its toll on them, and getting new soldiers who were willing to plunge themselves into Hell was easier said than done.

And, in their desperation, Mankind invented something they would soon regret.

Blood-fueled Machines.

The Blood-fueled Machines were Mankind's solution to both problems of fuel scarcity and increasingly dwindling number of available soldiers

Unlike humans, Machines did not possess emotion and independent thought, which prevented the issue of soldiers being rendered unavailable due to Shell Shock.

On top of this, Machines do not require rest, meaning they could keep fighting until their bodies were scrap.

The nature of the fact that they required blood to function was a grotesque and wicked one, but one they were willing to turn a blind eye to, all in the hopes of gaining the upper hand.

Due to the Machines requiring blood to function, this effectively made them vampiric and bloodthirsty killing machines, able to keep fighting for long periods of time, so long as they stayed fueled and kept their bodies intact.

This helped escalate the war into new heights.

However, during its conceptual stages and the early stages of the war, the only machines that used blood were machines operated by people, and the blood used would always be near-decaying or not fresh.

This did not pose a problem for non-autonomous machines, as it only needed blood to function.

As the war progressed further, they began advancing what they could do with such tech, and thus the concept of Blood-fueled autonomous Machines was conceived.