COPPER-9 /// THIRD 0-3: HEARTBEAT OF THE BEAST

Uzi, N, and V1 return to the landing pod to get more clues on what happened to the Disassembly Drones, the humans' involvement in leaving them stranded in an exoplanet, and to get answers for questions Uzi needs answered. They chain V inside the landing pod to prevent her from causing more trouble. N decides to take a rest for the time being, sleeping upside down like a bat. V1 is outside of the landing pod, keeping guard on the outside to make sure nothing tries to get in. Uzi inspects the inside of the landing pod, while V blows bubbles to pass the time.

In the afternoon, V1 goes inside the landing pod to question Uzi about her Railgun.

Uzi: "V1? What are you doing here?"

V1 then grabs a JCJenson branded pen and a piece of paper inside the landing pod and begins to write to Uzi.

THAT RAILGUN.

HOW DID YOU PRODUCE SUCH WEAPONRY?

Uzi: "You mean my "Sick-As-Hell" Railgun?

V1 then nods.

Uzi: "Oh wow, I, uh, never thought anyone would ask me about this. No, I'm not nervous, what are you talking about?"

Uzi then begins to stutter and sweat nervously, as someone finally is interested in the weapon she made.

V: "Wow, that's stupid. Please don't do that here, I might go into sleep mode."

Uzi: "Bite me! Your brain's probably turned to mush by now from all the oil, so why do YOU care?!"

V: "What'd you say to me, you little twerp?!"

V then tries to get up to face Uzi, but is held back by the chains, much to V's annoyance.

V: "You're lucky these chains and that THING is here, otherwise you would have been a balloon animal shape by now!"

Uzi: "yeah, yeah, can it, Ms. Self-Deprecation."

Uzi: "Oh right, where were we again?"

Uzi then begins to gleefully explain to V1 how the "Sick-As-Hell" Railgun worked, the overall design, and how the core worked. Some time passed as Uzi continued to explain the Railgun, long enough for V to have fallen asleep from all the talking.

Uzi: "Alright V1, you have any questions about the design?"

V1 nods, then writes on a piece of paper:

SOME PARTS ARE UNOPTIMIZED.

RAILGUN WOULD BE MORE EFFICIENT IF THESE INEFFICIENT PARTS WERE REPLACED.

V1 points out the various flaws in the design.

Uzi: "Yeah, bite me, it's my first physical prototype, I still haven't worked out all the bugs."

IF THE CORE WERE TO BE SHOT, IT WOULD CAUSE A CRITICAL REACTION AND VAPORIZE ANYTHING NEAR IT.

V1 then writes to Uzi what should be done to make the Railgun more efficient.