I. The Beginning

***

   This day wasn't as good as others, especially for his school assignment — family background.
It was another way for fate to rub salt in his wound. He already knew who his parents were, and what they did. How he came into existence.
   He remained in his bedroom lying in bed, tossing a ball in the air and catching it. Thinking of ways to avoid this assignment. He already has a threat from his coach that if he doesn't complete this assignment, he'll be benched from the next game. 

   He was frustrated and angry at this stupid assignment he didn't want to do. He didn't have any desire to write about his family, his true family. It was a faint memory, but it was strong in his mind. He remembers a woman screaming as a man shouted at her.
   Sighing, he caught the ball and tossed it into the small plastic basketball hoop connected to his bedroom door. Although it was suddenly deflected when the door opened, the ball was knocked aside and bounced on the floor before rolling into the wall.

   He looked and saw his cousin, well, uncle, or more his father figure standing there. George was technically his half-cousin, related by their father's being half-brothers.
   George shook his head as he looked at the troubled young boy, "A fight? Really? Is that what we're doing now?" He scoffed as he crossed his arms.
   "He had it coming. . ." Y/n muttered. George shook his head and walked in, sitting beside the boy. Both of them waited in silence, George knew Y/n had issues inside the classroom. He often avoided and did anything to stray away from homework.

   George couldn't lie, Y/n had an amazing talent when it came to drawing, taking nice photos, and physical activities. He has talent, just not for academics.
   "Coach says I'll be benched if I don't do this stupid assignment." He grumbled.
"And what assignment is that?" George asked him.
". . . Family history. . ." He replied.

   Hearing that made George slightly cringe internally. Y/n didn't like talking about his family, let out going into a deep dive about their past. George only told him about his father, his abusive alcoholic of a father; not much about his mother.
   "You think I can lie about it? Pretend your parents were mine?" He mumbled to him. George sighed, it would be a clever idea — he wouldn't get caught since he was stuck with him now.
   "Sure, just don't go overboard about them," George told him.

   George understood the way kids were, especially young boys who were yearning for popularity. And often bully others to get some sort of taste of power from the meeker ones; he knew if Y/n spoke the truth about his parents, he'd be a lamb thrown into the pits of ravenous wolves.
   The boys his age wouldn't show any mercy in picking on him. George knew all too well about Y/n's temperament, even for a nine-year-old like himself — he packed a solid punch. It's why he got into a fight earlier today.
   ". . . Y/n, who started the fight?" He sighed.

   The young boy slightly scowled at the mention of the school fight again. He ran and came home afterward to avoid the principal, Y/n's expression darkened at the mention of the school fight, a flicker of anger crossing his features before he quickly masked it with defiance.
   "It's nothing," he muttered, his voice barely above a whisper.
"Nothing? That kid was sent to the hospital with a broken nose, fractured arm, and bruised ribs," George retorted, his tone stern. "He said something to make you that mad at him."

Y/n sighed, his shoulders sagging under the weight of George's scrutiny. "He was picking on Peter. . . called him an orphan. . . and shoved him. . . So I handled it." The words tumbled from his lips, a mix of irritation and justification lacing his tone.
   George chuckled, "Peter? Peter Parker? You got into a fight to defend Peter?" He knew Y/n's favoritism for his friends, they both worked together. Peter often helps Y/n with classroom work, and Y/n uses his physical strength to help protect him. Harry and Peter were the only boys who truly stuck by his side.