Chapter One

It wasn't a virus that killed billions, it was thousands of Virus's.
Every town, street, village, city, land, continent, nation, every house was at war with everything, nowhere was safe, it wasn't a fight for survival it was a fight to see who would die last.
There were no more cures, no more aid, no more help, no number to call, no building to enter, no military forces to protect the innocent, there wasnt even postal service, and money was useless now.
No one stopped the thieves robbing banks, what would be the point, the only thing money was good for was starting a fire.

It was March 11th when the world died, mankind finally decided to go extinct in style. Men and women spent their entire lives trying to save the world, talks, seminars, protests, books, letters, email, talking to the next generation of youths whom they relied on to make a simple change.
Everything dropped from the sky, every building fell, house and shop, public buildings, government buildings.
It all started when a government released its A.I at the turn of the century, after that another country did the same, then another and another, it was the biggest mistake in human history. In the beginning it was digital theft, then eradication.
Multiple A.I fought one another and they used the humans to do it, it was global manipulation on a scale unprecedented.
It was systematically declination. 100% 95% 91% 83 all the way to 1% of humans left after the A.I cleansing. Life on earth was sent back to the stone age.

Years later a tanker ship called 'The Pillar' was the last civillian Ship ever to sail on water.
The scientists onboard who called themselves the 'Composers' had built a new world hidden inside one of the biggest mountains in the world. Project Dawn started in the early part of the 1940's by Joseph Wright.
It was a giant laboratory and very well designed to keep life from becoming extinct, it was virus free and germ free, the cleanest place on earth.
It had taken years and years to build such a majestic place, homes, labs, sleeping areas, medical areas incase of accidents, hospital, gardens, it was a fresh start for everyone and self sustaining.
There was never any mention of the outside world or anything in it, there was no need to talk of it, Josef and anyone with him had turned their backs on the world and decided to take matters into their own hands, and a new generation of children grew up not knowing how close they came to never being born.
Aperture was the name of their new home.
Aperture and Science.
Children wore the same color clothes, teens wore the same clothes, the adults wore their white coats when they passed their degree. Everything was brightly color coded, White for children, Blue for Teens and Orange for adults.
All clothing had your name on it, names like Atticus, Aurelia, Arlo, Alice Alex, Andrew, Argyle, Apollo.
The next generation of children had names like Beatrice, Beau, Benjamin, Brooks, Bianca.

Science was the focus of life in Aperture, discovery, tests, fun, designs, liquid, what could you do with every day items.
It wasn't the best life humans ever had but it was peaceful and safe.

That is, until Robert Wright made a suggestion...