Chapter Four

Every day for the next month Linus had checked the docks to see if Robert had returned.
Days passed, weeks passed, then two months passed.

"Linus we need you with us, we are all sorry that Robert has not come home but we simply need you to to stay focused on more important tasks at hand, you have had sufficient time and your students need you now more than Robert does" addressed Zoe.

"We simply don't know what happened to Robert's team, and it has been two months, he is either not coming back or he is...." added Marion silently "plus we have a proposition for you" smiled Marion "how would you like to head Project Dyad" then she handed Linus a black folder. On the folder was written in white 'Aperture Science Project Dyad'.
"But we are way behind schedule to start Dyad" stated Lunis "shouldn't we wait until Robert comes back, afterall this is his Project".

"With Robert missing and several of our smartest students, all our projects have been set back several years Linus, plus a second home will be necessary in the future, and we can't think of anyone else who can accomplish this task" smiled Zoe.

Linus got a sense of excitement now and his smile gave him away.

"Okay, and to celebrate there will be cake, your favourite" smiled Marion.

"I do request that for one more month someone stay at the door waiting for Robert and his team" requested Linus.
"Ofcourse, we will get several people to work in shifts" accepted Zoe and Michael and Marion.
"I know a few of my sudents that would love to start work" added Michael.
"Thanks for your support" finished Linus.

As much as it was a possibility that Robert and his team may be dead, Linus refused to believe it, but he did have students and the future was ahead of him.

Aperture had up to 200 levels of living space. It was a feat of engineering on a scale never attempted before and it worked perfectly, ever since the first homes were erected in the 1950s people have supported Aperture.

Michael Eckharts class started at 11am to 12pm
"I thought it was dangerous to go outside" said Peter.
"It is very dangerous Peter but men and woman are willing to take the risks so others don't have to" answered Michael.
Is it true that a team went missing Sir?" asked Angela Supart
"Yes and No Angela" replied Michael
"Shouldn't someone be looking for them?" asked Obadiah.
"Which brings me to my proposition" started Michael "we are looking for volunteers to work in three hour shifts for the next four weeks at the doors and hopefully welcome Roberts team back, this will mean you will need to aquire passes and be reliable and on time, if anyone wishes to help then please fill in this form, also you will not have to come to class for the next month" then Michael handed each of his students a security form "plus this will go a long way for your future in Aperture".
The students in the class mostly got involved and couldn't wait to see the Door.
Peter and Sage were teamed up, Angela and Obadiah and others.
"We will be working with other classes so play nice you guys" ordered Michael, his class was full of prankster students.