Chapter Three

The Turning Project originally went against having any contact with anyone with the outside world even though Ninety Nine Percent of the population was extinct, or leaving Aperture until Eighty Percent of their plans was complete.
Seven hand picked associates joined Robert at the bottom level of Aperture. There was a circular door enclosed in a black frame that opened in the middle. It was very secure. Past the door was a long tunnel which was carved from the outside, the tunnel led to a docking area beside a river which was encased between the two mountains.
A small Tug boat was prepared for a weeks journey. One day and night travel, five days to setup camp and preparations then one day home.

The name on the tug boat was Odyssey. It was only for small operations.
Several days later Robert and his team had arrived at the perfect area, an abandoned rocket launch complex which was fully equipped, data was collected and sent to Aperture to be stored.
Suddenly and unexpectedly overhead, a jet soared across the sky and Robert stood silently for a few seconds. Everyone quickly made their way out of sight and waited to see if the jet would return and hopefully it wasn't taking pictures.
The jet never returned but Robert was still not happy about the encounter. Who was it in the jet and who were the One Percent, it seemed to Robert they might be militarized. The idea of it was sickening to Robert. It crossed Roberts mind that the project may be put on hold. Before everyone left, Robert had set up a camera which allowed him to watch the Complex from Aperture.

Back at Aperture Zoe and Linus were waiting for Robert and his team but they didn't arrive on the last day.
The next day was the same and the day after that.
Zoe knew it was possible that Robert would have stayed at the complex due to his passion so she expected him not to return for about three days, but now it was seven days and no one had returned.

At the circular door Zoe gave the order to "Close it" the thought of something terrible happening to Robert didn't make sense, it was practically impossible he would meet anyone out there.
The doors gave of a low hum then air secured.
"I can't figure it out" said Linus "they are only one days travel away from here".
"Something must have happened" returned Zoe "but protocol comes first".
Linus agreed and signed a paper to agree with Zoe's decision.
Zoe and Linus left the area and shut the other Circular door which was also airlocked.
Hopefully Robert and his team would be back soon wished Zoe.