chapter 8 : Someone to spend every night & day with

The duke's estate had been busy since morning. All the buildings were decorated with white cloth and flowers as the capital's most prestigious aristocrats flocked there. Today was the wedding day of Taehyung, the next duke, and Jennie, his fiancée.

People had wondered if Taehyung was trying to become a holy knight, but after seeing the wedding invitation, they had no choice but to believe that there had been a mistake.

At the same time, those who criticized Jennie for making stiff appearances had to groan when they saw the wedding invitation. What the hell would they do now when they meet the future duchess? Even if they regretted it, it was too late. What they did in the past would not be erased.

The road to the Duke's home was filled with nobles and their carriages. Suddenly, a golden carriage appeared. Everyone recognized it as the royal carriage, thus they hurriedly stepped back to the side of the road and bowed their heads to show their respects.

Thanks to this, the crown princess was able to comfortably arrive earlier than the other nobles and was led straight to the wedding hall under the guidance of the duke."I'll be looking around for a while, so you should go and welcome the guests."

"Thank you, Your Royal Highness. I shall call someone to show you around the mansion in my stead."

"No, you don't have to. It'll be noisy, so I'll go around alone."

"Please do as you wish."

The duke bowed down and thanked the crown princess for her understanding. The crown princess fanned away the aristocrats approaching to greet her, signaling them to back off, then she started looking around the wedding hall. She sat down in a seat in the front area which was specifically prepared for her.

After a while, a man approached her from behind. The crown princess said without looking back.

"You look good, Aiden. Did Taehyung do that to you?"

Hearing her words, Aiden stopped. He was very sure that she hadn't seen his face in recent days, but she spoke as if she had seen everything, despite not turning her head even once.

It didn't come as a surprise of course. Such people with special gifts were sometimes born into the royal family. People who could see things on others that weren't visible to the naked eye. His sister was one of those people. And so was Aiden.Pressing his hands against his bruised cheekbones, he replied.

"Who else would dare do this to the Third Prince's face?"

"If you're coming in as a holy knight, then there's no point in announcing your status to the world."

"However, there's a certain limit to things. I never would have thought he would make such a fuss just because I went to visit Lady Jennie."

The crown princess grinned and then asked,

"So, how did it feel to see Jennie?"

"When I met her, I finally understood. Why Taehyung is so obsessed with her. Why Sister care so much about having her next to you. Even if they weren't visible, the other knights bowed to her like I did, as if they felt something."

The tone was incongruous with what one would expect from the head of the Holy Order or of a prince, but the crown princess did not care. No one was listening to their conversation anyway.

Aiden remembered Jennie who had welcomed him with a surprised face. In the eyes of others, she would only seem like a pretty young lady, but he and the crown princess could see something else. White wings were shining brilliantly behind Ariel."What did Taehyung say when he first met Lady Jennie in this temple?"