Escape

Oppenheimer slowly regained conciousness unaware of the amount of time that passed. A metallic smell filled his nostrils and his ears rang with the sound of the explosion. Eventually his eyes fluttered open his vision blurred. Placing his hand on his forehead he felt something warm and wet. Removing his hand from his forehead and examining it he noticed that the tips of his fingers were stained with crimson.

Trying to rise off the ground his muscles protested the effort due to the pain coursing through his body. After a few minutes Oppenheimer began crawling across the floor. Whimpering due to the agony caused by his injuries both seen and unseen. His vision eventually came into focus and he instantly saw Lloyd lying on the ground not far from him still unconscious. Crawling over to Lloyd he noticed the cuts on his face and that his clothing was a partially burnt.

"Lloyd. Lloyd wake up," Oppenheimer said weakly while shaking Lloyds shoulder.

Oppenheimer rested his head on Lloyds chest and felt it rising and falling in a normal rhythm. He also heard a heartbeat.

"Lloyd we need to get out of here," Oppenheimer said with some urgency. "Please wake up."

Oppenheimer then took his head off Lloyds chest. He eventually felt something gradually running down the side of his face. Wiping the side of his face with the palm of his hand it came back stained with his blood.

Oppenheimer thought to himself with a sense of urgency. "Need to patch myself up. Can't die here."

Crawling further down the hallway he glanced around and noticed the destroyed walls and collapsed parts of the ceiling. Eventually he noticed a slightly damaged metal box on the ground in front of him. Prying the box open he grabbed a small glass bottle which has a clear liquid inside. He also grabbed a small grey cloth and a roll of bandages.

Opening the small bottle which smells of alcohol he then poured a small amount of it onto the cloth. Wiping the gash on his forehead with the cloth he felt it starting to sting like he had been stung by many bees. Once he had finished wiping his forehead with the cloth he started to awkward wrap the bandages around his head. Eventually he finished wrapping the bandages around his head and put the rest of the supplies back into the box and closed it up.

He then heard someone softly groaning behind him. Hastily crawling back over to Lloyd he noticed that his eyes were starting to flutter open.

"Lloyd can you hear me?" Oppenheimer asked feeling some sense of relief.

"Yes I can hear you Oppie," Lloyd replied weakly. "I'm surprised that we aren't dead."

Once Lloyd fully opened his eyes his face changed to a look of concern. Gazing at his surroundings he noticed the immense destruction. Glancing back at Oppenheimer he immediately noticed the bandages wrapped around his head.

"Are you alright Oppie?" he asked with concern.

"I'm fine Lloyd," he replied. "But we need to get out of here immediately."

"First of all where will we go Oppie?" he asked.

"I know a place Lloyd. But let's get going. Before they find us." he replied with some urgency.

Lloyd rose to his feet feeling the pain rushing through him as if his whole body had been set alight. Holding out his hand to Oppenheimer he helped him up. Limping over to the briefcase that was lying amongst a small pile of debris Oppenheimer picked it up and wiped the dust off it. They both then heard some loud commanding voices with very thick Russian accents down the hall. Oppenheimer turned to Lloyd who gave him a silent nod he limped back over to Lloyd who wrapped his arm around him for support.