The Plotting Begins

This wasn't the first time that the man glanced up at the massive clock that was hanging above one of the platforms of the train station. 10:05 it read. He knew that the next train wouldn't arrive until 11. Sucking in a frustrated breath, he folded his arms and tapped one brown leather shoe against the pavement. Overhead the sky darkened briefly as rain clouds obscured the sun and he felt a slight sense of relief that he had worn his overcoat today.

The station was empty which was perfect for his meeting at the time which had already passed. Lateness was one thing that irked Hermann and he thought that Albert Thalberg was good at being punctual. Hermann paced back and forth his patience growing ever thinner as he waited for Albert to arrive. After a long while Hermann heard the ring of a bicycle bell behind him and he stopped pacing. Turning around he saw Albert Thalberg sitting on a large silver bicycle gasping for breath. Hermann approached Albert and stood near him and waited for him to respond.

"You are five minutes late what took you so long?" Hermann asked with a hint of irritation.

Albert gazed at Hermann still trying to catch his breath back. Hermann felt as if something inside him was about to snap. But he knew that snapping at Albert wouldn't be helpful for the situation at hand. So he continued to wait for an explanation from Albert.

"I apologize for being so late Hermann," Albert said after finally having caught his breath.

"Why are you on a bike where's your car?"

"I forgot that my car is still having problems and won't start so I had to bike here,"

"How far away is your house Albert?"

"About three kilometres,"

"Well let's get moving then lead the way Albert and don't go too fast, please,"

Albert slowly rode off down the street and Hermann followed alongside him. The street was almost completely empty as many people were at work. Only a few people walked past Albert and Hermann and a few cars also drove by filling the air with the pungent smell of gasoline. Eventually, they reached a two story brick building with a black door. Albert got off his bike walked it over to the door and leaned up against the wall close to the door. Albert walked up to the door and placed his hand on the doorknob the metal cold against his hand.

Turning the doorknob he pushed the door open and he and Hermann entered the building. Albert closed the door behind them and Hermann looked around the dark wooden walls in the hallway were filled with pictures of Albert and his family. But mainly pictures of Albert at different events. Hermann didn't expect this much narcissism from Albert. But he knew deep down that he was narcissistic but not narcissistic to the point where he would have multiple pictures of himself hanging in his home.

"Wonderful memories," Albert said as he noticed Hermann staring at the pictures.

"Yes, very wonderful memories indeed Albert,"

"Anyways follow me to the kitchen I shall prepare some refreshments,"

Albert walked down the hallway and through a nearby entryway and Hermann followed him. The floorboards creaked underneath their feet as they walked. Upon entering the kitchen Albert wandered over to the single large window in the kitchen and pulled the large red curtains over allowing the sunlight to flood the room. Hermann walked over to the large square mahogany table in the centre of the room and sat down in one of the chairs. Albert wandered over to the stove which had a red kettle on it and turned on the stove. Hermann's eyes wandered across the room noticing more pictures of Albert hanging on the wall.

"We also have a couple more guests who are interested in our cause,"

"Who?"

"Some old friends. Well, more like my friends,"