001

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

AWAY.

You just had to get away from him. At least for a moment. You pushed yourself through the crowd of sweaty bodies, tripping over your own feet in a desperate attempt to rid yourself of his presence.

You couldn't stand his incessant nagging, always in your ear complaining about this or that. Tonight was supposed to be a night out with your friends.

Alone!

Girls only.

But he managed to weasel his way in, insisting that the two of you never get to hang out anymore, that he was sorry he was so busy, and of course, tonight had to be the night to reconcile it all.

You knew your boyfriend just wanted to babysit you.

His control over you has been slowly slipping away, and he desperately needed to regain it. He always had to know who you were with and what you were up to. If you hadn't let him come, he would've been blowing up your phone anyway.

How's the party babe?

When will you be home?

I miss you.

I hope you're not drinking too much.

It was all out of concern, of course. Not his own insecurities. He just wanted to make sure you were safe.

As well as not cheating on him every chance you could get.

It took a lot of convincing to make him take his eyes off of you for more than a minute. When you finally managed to coerce him into grabbing you another drink, you slipped away. You just needed a moment to catch your breath.

You searched the crowded house for any sign of your friends, but they were missing. They had probably gone elsewhere once they realized your loving boyfriend wasn't going to let you out of his sight. You didn't blame them. The outgoing, cheery girl you once were was slowly smothered by him until only the worst parts of her remained. Bitter, anxious, and quick to argue. That's who you were now.

With the music blaring in your ears and the scent of alcohol in your nose, you slowly made your way through the seemingly endless sea of people until you reached a dark hallway. At the end was a door leading to the front yard.

Perfect,

you thought. He won't think to look outside, at least not for a few more minutes. You rushed down the hall and threw open the door, collapsing onto the front step with a relieved sigh. You shot a wary glance over your shoulder before allowing yourself to relax, leaning your head into your shaking hands. You drew in a deep breath, allowing the crisp autumn air to fill your chest. Despite only having a couple of drinks, your head was light and your body felt fuzzy.