008

cw: possessive eren 🤭

⁺₊ ☾⋆⁺₊

EREN HATED BEING BORED.

But against his better judgment, he couldn't bring himself to leave you here all by yourself.

So there he sat, in a stuffy waiting room that looked like it came straight out of an 80s sitcom, ugly beige aesthetic and all. Eren could barely keep his eyes open as he slouched in an old armchair that was just a little too small for his muscular frame. He had no choice but to let his long legs spread out wide in front of him (lest his hips would be far too cramped), which left his head leaning awkwardly against the wall behind him. He felt like some sort of giant in the cramped room, sticking out like a sore thumb amongst the outdated decor.

"If you or a loved one has suffered from blah blah blah, call the number on the screen!"

To top it all off, an ancient tv was perched in the far corner of the room, playing an endless loop of medical infomercials. The incessant droning only added to the monotony of it all, and even though his back hurt something awful, the brunette was slowly being lulled to sleep.

Let it be clear that Eren Jaeger didn't often go out of his way to help girls he barely knew, especially if he didn't have some sort of ulterior motive behind it. However, there was something about you that made him willing to bend his own rules. Maybe it was the way you clung to him so pitifully, nestling your face into the space between his neck and shoulder while he carried you into the hospital. Or perhaps it was the way your body melted into his arms after bouts of unconsciousness, as if you hadn't been cradled in months.

He didn't want to admit it, but you made his heart ache in a way that he wasn't used to. The feeling— fuzzy was the only way he could describe it— was impossible to bury, persisting in his chest every time he thought about your pretty face. Never had he been so anxious over a girl before, let alone one he hadn't even slept with yet.

The sudden vibration of his phone roused him from his dream-like state. Luckily no one was there to witness him awkwardly shimmy into a proper sitting position, silently cursing this stupid hospital and their tiny chairs. Mark his words, if it wasn't you he was waiting on, he'd have already high-tailed it out of here. With a huff he leaned his forearms on his knees, squinting at his phone.

Mika
will i be seeing u friday?

Friday. . what was Friday?

He scratched his head, momentarily adjusting his bun as he wracked his brain for any recollection of what she was asking him about. His mind was still clouded by his recent high, the lingering effects making it hard to remember anything important.