•Chapter Four: Another Perspective•

POV: LUTE

[•]___...2 Weeks Prior...___[•]

    The portal closed behind me at approximately 12AM, the day after the most recent extermination. The screams of the dying sinful filth which I oh-so enjoy faded back away until next year. I locked eyes with my commander as he spoke up.

    "Hell fuckin' yeah, another awesome extermination! We must've stomped down at least ten-K of those fuckin' nerds this time around, nice job girlies!" he praised us, "I'm gonna go get fucked up to celebrate another successful slaughter, see you ladies around!" He finished with and flew away to... who really knows where. I'd probably find him stumbling around drunk later tonight if I were to stay up. His behavior can sometimes be... less than moral, but he's done a lot to keep Heaven safe and works hard to maintain a good cause, so I'm willing to excuse it. For him and him only.

    But can you excuse it for yourself?

    The nagging voice in the back of my mind wouldn't let me forget what I'd done, or more accurately, hadn't done to that... that vile, sinful maggot that I should have purged.

    You're no better than that girl Vaggie, the voice whispered to me. 'Shut up.'

    I shook off the memories that were plaguing me. I need to be perfect. Angels don't make mistakes, Lute. You can't doubt yourself. It's going to be alright. Nobody saw and nobody needs to know.

[•]___......___[•]

    I strode into my room and took off my helmet, then set down my spear. After putting my things away I sat down on my bed, and replayed my favorite kills from yesterday in my mind. The bloodshed, the screams, the organs spilling from the bodies of those wretched beasts... ah, the things I revel in.

    And I've never spared a single one. I've never spared. A single one. Not very convincing~

    "Fuck, get out of my head. It's just late, I should sleep." I said under my breath. The covers and pillows began to look quite appealing after such an exhausting extermination. Before I knew it, I was curled up underneath and drifting off.

[•]___...1 Week Later...___[•]

    A plate of barbeque ribs slid across the table. "Bone appetite! B- bones apple tights- fuck, boner apple teeth?! Whatever I don't speak fuckin' Italian or whatever." Adam said to me, breaking my spacey trance. "Thank you sir." I replied, ignoring his amusing struggle to execute the simple phrase.

    Today I was spending a few hours with Adam. Outside of work, he saw me as a good friend, and I felt the same way. Some Winners assumed based on how close we are that we're together, but that rumor isn't true. I'm not looking for something romantic, having a partner is just something that would hold me back from being the best version of myself. I need me and myself only.

    "Did you make these?" I questioned, and he replied, "Oh no no no, I can't cook, and that's a woman's job anyway." My eyes narrowed at this, feeling annoyed, but stayed silent anyway. "I found this barbeque joint a few miles away and their ribs are fire! So I invited you over of course."

    I nodded as I took a quick bite from the pile. They weren't bad, but unlike my commander, I wasn't much of a BBQ fan. "They're.. alright."

    We ate from the platters for a while, chatting about this, fad, and that for the duration. But at one point, he brought up last week.

    "Lute, bro, how many Sinners did you get this time? Last massacre was brutal!" I thought for a moment. But while I was thinking, something came to mind.

    For the last week I hadn't been able to stop thinking about that TV guy. It was largely anger at myself for letting them live, but... why did they seem so... moral? Most sinners I've killed are a lot different. ...Stop questioning, Lute.

    "Got a full 282 sir." He looked proud of me.

    "That's rad, danger tits! Great work."

    [•]___...6 Days Later...___[•]

    The sunsets in Heaven are stunning.

    I've seen the ones in the human world, and they're pretty and such, but the ones in Heaven are in resemblance of a rainbow of watercolors splattered across a canvas.

    Sitting on a cloud watching the sunset is a relaxing activity, although it was a bit boring for me. I prefer to be up and moving, but I needed to just think for a moment at a silent place.

    They seemed so normal. I wouldn't question it if I saw them in Heaven, but then again, I only spoke to them for a moment. Why can't I stop thinking about that sinful bag of shit? Why do I want to see them? Fuck, Lute, you're worse than that girl named after a vag.

    Fuck it. I'm gonna talk to them tomorrow. I need to know why they're there, if it's because of a loath-worthy reason, I'll kill them. If it's because of bad circumstance, I can forgive and forget it. Either way I'll have closure and it won't be an issue.

    I flew back home and went to my bedroom. Satisfied with my plan, I closed my eyes and crashed into bed, ready for this mishap to be done and over with.

    [•]___...Post-Interaction...___[•]

    I sat in my room, processing the fact that I'd just handed my phone number to a Sinner.  Why did I give my phone number to one of those- those things?  This could easily go very wrong very fast...no, I have this under control. If anything goes south, I'll just kill anyone involved. Easy!

    And maybe, after this, I'll have enough closure to move the fuck on with my life and never think about the hell spawn ever again.

    After justifying my actions to myself, I got changed into a set of gold and white striped pyjamas and layed down on my bed. Everything's going to be okay, I promised myself while tucking myself in. Everything is under control.

———————

GOOD EVENING SINNERS!! This chapter is a bit of a filler bc of my low motivation rah, and I'm sorry it's so late. I have a few announcements to make here!!

1: I'm taking a break from writing until next Saturday (march 16th) as that's about when the quarter at my school ends & I need to get my assignments done before it's over. I'll still make announcements sometimes but I won't be active for reading or writing until then.

2: The storyboard for this book is about done so writing the chapters should be a lot easier for me!! Which means they might be out sooner once I'm back

3: I'm making a Lute cosplay for a convention I'm going to in a few months!! :D I'll be posting updates on it at the ends of chapters when they're available, here's #1:

First time working with foam & it was pretty fun, also I just needa make some straps & paint some details on and the wings will be done yipeee

That's alllll sinnerssss have a nice day! Seeya next time :3

Word Count: 1000