9.

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

When I awoke I was not where I had originally fallen asleep. Somehow, Mand—Din had picked me up, carried me down the ladder and placed me in my little nest of blankets. Movement beside me caught my attention. Looking down, I found the child just waking up. I smirled and pulled him close to me to cuddle. Judging by how quiet it was right now my guess is that we had landed at some point but where was Din?

I looked around and found a slip of ripped paper by my pillow.

I read the note aloud with a grin, "Sorry I couldn't be there when you woke up, sweet girl. I'll be back soon. Don't leave the ship. -D" the last part of that was underlined twice for emphasis. He didn't have to tell me more than once. I didn't want any part of what's out there. "Looks like it's you and me for a while now, little bean. You hungry?"

In response he smiled up and me and cooed.

"I'll take that as a 'yes'," I sat up and stretched. My body ached but in the best way possible. It was remnants, little reminders that yesterday hadn't been a dream or some elaborate fabrication of my mind. It had been real. I stood, grabbing the child and putting him in his favorite place, my hip. I padded over to the side of the ship and pulled down a metal compartment. This was the galaxy's smallest kitchenette, but it did what it needed to to do. There was a single burner and a slot in the back for a convection oven. From here we went about our day as we normally would. I made us breakfast which consisted of porg eggs and bantha bacon.

I busied myself on the ship with organizing the storage room. Din had it an absolute mess up here. There was no where to walk and the dust was starting to pack on. It was about to change. I worked on it for most of the day and found something very interesting. Old armor—more specifically Din's old beskar armor. The kid and I played dress up for a moment. He was completely dwarfed by the armor and I was as well for the most part but it did feel a little bad ass in while wearing it. I put it back in the storage more, on top of a crate instead of on the floor. We'd made good progress considering we could walk in there now.

Before the both of us knew it, a day had passed and Din hadn't returned yet. This was kind of normal so I wasn't panicking. There was simply nothing we could do until he returned.

On day two we found ourselves coloring in the cockpit. I was drawing a couple of pink flowers and looking over I see the baby working on a masterpiece. "What are you drawing, bean?"

"Patu," he said it like it was supposed to answer my question. I playing along anyway.

Three figures holding hands. One tall, covered in gray crayon, one with yellow hair, and a small green dot. My heart swelled and my lip pouted," Bean, is that all of us?"

He nodded and babbled something I couldn't understand," That's so sweet. He's going to love that. We should save it for Din when he gets ho—" I paused momentarily. Home. That was now what I attributed this ship to. I didn't hate the idea, in fact I entertained it because that's what it was,"—when he gets home."

The baby smiled before yawning really big. Coloring seemed to have done the trick to ease his mind and work him into a sleepy state. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a little sleepy myself. "Alright I think we take a little after noon nap. What do you say?"

He gave me a tired nod making me chuckle. I cleaned up the crayons and picked up the baby's drawing. We descended the ladder, him resting on my hip. It was hard with one hand. I still don't know how Din carried me down here but knowing him, if he had a will, there was most definitely a way.

I placed the baby on my blankets and set the drawing by the baby's pillow," There. Maybe if he comes home today, this'll be the first thing he sees." I laid down beside him on my pillow and snuggled him closer," Close your eyes, little one. Get some rest." The both of us were out in a matter of minutes.