𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 - 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉

SKYE

SKYE

"You work for The Flash?!" My mouth was hanging open in astonishment.

"With the flash, actually. We're more like a team." Cisco corrected.

"I read about him before coming to Central City. He truly is a hero. So, you must know his real identity, right?" I turned on my heels.

"I- We-...

The three of them looked at each other trying to figure out what to say to me. "I get it. Secret Identity and all" I quoted with my fingers.

"Yeah. Sorry." Cisco awkwardly apologized.

"So.. my dad. He helped him too, right? And knew who he was." The truth struck me. "Of course, he did. I mean building a huge lab and working with a superhero is more fun than raising a kid or having a family" I chuckle nervously.

"Skye..

"I don't think..

"It's okay. You don't have to feel sorry for me. I mean, you don't even know me" I wiped a tear forming in the corner of my eye and I smiled. "Here. You can have this. It's all yours. I see you at the CCPD" I handed Barry the keys.

"Skye, wait." Barry said.

"It's okay Allen. I'm fine. Nice to meet you guys." I smiled and walked off.

BARRY

"I feel so bad for her. She doesn't even know the truth." Caitlin sighed.

"She's been living in a lie for fifteen years" I fixed my eyes on the keys in my fingers.

"You should tell her, man." Cisco suggested.

"If I tell her the truth I will have to reveal my identity. I can't put anybody else at risk. I can't." I struggled.

"But her dad didn't abandon her. Thawne killed him. She deserves to know the truth." Caitlin insisted.

"I can't, guys. I can't."

"Barry, where are you going?" Cisco worried.

"To see if there's any news about the release of my dad" I said walking out of the room.

The moment I heard Harrison Wells had a daughter, guilt covered my body. Because if it wasn't for Thawne wanting to kill me the real Harrison Wells would be alive and he wouldn't have left a nine year old kid alone in this world. And man I know how that feels. The void that it creates within you. In my heart I knew they were right. Skye deserves to know the truth.But that would mean telling her the truth about my identity and I already ruined her life by taking away her dad. I won't risk her life by telling her who I really am.

"Hey, Joe. Is there any news about my dad? When is he getting out?" I said over the phone. "Really? Today?!"