3. Sanctuary

"Cilia Kingdom?!

Straihorn city?! "

Roy felt his head was spinning, countless thoughts and possibilities ran through his mind giving him a headache. Seeing his face grimacing in pain, Martha grew worried.

"What's wrong boy? Do you feel uncomfortable somewhere? You know what even though I have a lot of questions let's end our conversation here. Take a good long rest and we will continue our discussion later."

"But-- Roy tried to protest but before he could speak further Martha quickly cut him off.

"No buts, you just lay down here and try to sleep. You just woke up some time ago and your body still needs rest."

In that instant—

*Pop*

The chamber's entrance blew open, letting in a flurry of people wearing steel armour who soon caught everyone's attention inside the room as they marched in. They all give them a curious, half-annoyed look as they stare at them. These odd people appeared to know where Roy was already, so they moved quickly to his bed.

The only person in this group without a steel helmet was a middle-aged man who came up to welcome them both.

"Good morning, Miss Pelfrey and Sir."

"Good morning to you as well, Sir James. What can I do for you today? It doesn't look like you are here to treat your soldiers " Martha answered.

James was a tall, lanky man in his middle age with well-groomed brown hair and a well-groomed beard. His bright brown eyes were fixed hard on Roy and Martha, his face expressionless and icy. In a firm tone, he answered Martha.

"Of course, not Miss Martha. If I had wanted you to check on my soldiers, I would have scheduled a meeting with you in advance." James answered back.

"I am here today at Sir Viscount's request to accompany this young gentleman to his mansion. The Viscount wants to speak with him face-to-face." Gazing at the inattentive Roy, James uttered these words. He didn't understand what was so special about the boy that even the lord of this territory wants to meet him.

When Martha heard what James had to say, she winced. Her astonished expression was fixed on Roy. Since Martha knew the Viscount personally, she was taken aback to hear that he want to have a private meeting with Roy.

While James and Martha were talking, Roy just stared blankly. It was becoming annoying for him that he was unable to understand what they were saying. Suddenly, he saw James pull out a bronze pendant that looked familiar. It appeared as though the pendant had suddenly appeared in his palms. Roy was really perplexed as he watched James; he wanted to question James about it but was put off by James' icy stare. Roy heard a chilly voice within his thoughts as soon as he saw James put the pendant around his neck.

"Sir, nice to meet you. "My name is James Wulfric, and I will be your guide to the Viscount." James gave Roy a bow. Roy first appeared surprised, but he soon got over it because he has been through a similar situation with Martha.

"I am Roy Fortis. Nice to meet you too James." Roy replied in a calm voice while trying to hide the fact that he was somewhat scared of James.

"Sir Fortis, before you ask any questions, I have a message from the Viscount. He told me to tell you that to put hold on your questions and meet him as soon as possible. So, Sir Fortis I urge you to get ready quickly as we will be departing to the lord's mansion soon." With his characteristically icy tone, James spoke. It seemed from his tone that he was ordering Roy to hurry up rather than making a request.