Why Her?

To say (Y/N) was devastated was an understatement.

He had just made a new friend, and now, she was gone. He looks down at the Hades figurine in his hand, and has to resist the urge to snap the thing in half. He had promised to give it to Nico, and he wouldn't let Bianca's death be in vain.

After searching for Bianca for a good few hours, to no avail, the group is forced to move on.

(Y/N) distances himself from the group, despite not realizing it. He should've saved her. He shouldn't have let his friend sacrifice herself. She was supposed to be here, he wasn't.

He felt like a failure.

-Short Timeskip-

After walking for a little while longer, they reach the Hoover Dam.

"Let us find the dam snack bar," Zoë said. "We should eat while we can."

(Y/N) has to hold back a laugh. He manages to, temporarily.

Grover cracked a smile. "The dam snack bar?"

Zoë blinked. "Yes. What is funny?"

"Nothing." Grover said, trying to keep a straight face. "I could use some dam french fries." 

Even Thalia smiled at that.

"And I need to use the dam restroom."

Percy and (Y/N) started cracking up, and Thalia and Grover join in, while Zoë just looked at them in confusion.

"I do not understand."

"I want to use the dam water fountain," Grover said.

"And..." Thalia tried to catch her breath. "I want to buy a dam t-shirt."

After a few moments of laughing, they hear a cow moo. Percy explains that it was his "ocean cow", Bessie.

The group heads inside, and makes their way to the snack bar. Percy, Zoë, and Grover take a seat, but Thalia pulls (Y/N) aside momentarily.

"Are you doing okay?" She asks, a concerned look in her eyes.

"Oh, yea, I'm fine," (Y/N) replies. It's a lie, and he knows that she knows it, but luckily, she just drops the topic, and they walk back to everyone else.

When they sit down, they see that Percy had disappeared. Zoë explains that he was leading away the skeletons.

"Oh, okay," (Y/N) nods in acknowledgment. "That can't go too wrong."

Oh, how wrong he was.

-----------

Hello, everyone! Sorry for the short update, but I have to write this on my phone, and I am not dealing with it any longer than necessary! I hope you all at least enjoyed the chapter! I am dreading the future chapters, and I'm sure someone in the comments can guess why!