03.

The next morning...

Tate's POV

The night went well, well, better than I was expecting. Carter was so sweet, listening intently about my career and life. I didn't hear much about his; it can't be too bad, though. He has a boatload of money and probably an amazingly rich family who loves and supports him. The end of the night was... well... it was something else. We didn't have sex or anything, but I sure gave him a show. I have no idea what I was thinking looking up at him like that; he probably knows I want him now. Not that it's a bad thing; I just don't want to like him or want him to know. I don't want him to see inside me and learn how I truly feel. How do I really feel?

Carter's POV

The locker room is bustling; it's post-practice, and all the guys are showering or getting changed. I sit next to our goalie and my best friend, Nate Davis. We met in elementary school while both on the district's hockey team and have been best friends ever since.

"Dude," he says, peering over my shoulder at my phone. "Just send the damn message. The worst she can say is no."

"Nate, no offense, but you don't know this girl." My hand hesitates over the send button, and then I click it. "She could say anything."

Nate laughs

Nate laughs. "You sent it. There's no going back now."

Tate's POV

"Honey, I'm home!" I sing as I walk through my apartment door, kicking my heels off. I hear Olivia walking towards me, immediately knowing I'm in for it.

"Bitch," Olivia remarks. "Where the fuck were you? We're behind schedule!"

"Sorry, sorry," I say, pulling my coat off and hanging it on the rack. "I had to shoot a couple more pictures."

I laugh as she pulls me into a hug and spins me around.

"You have to look hot; I mean, you already are, but let's make you hotter." Liv goes into the kitchen and, a minute later, comes out with already poured shots. Guess we're pregaming tonight.