chapter 9: queen of the land

3 hours later.

Vanoss and his friends are at the campsite and are resting until the sun is set. They plan on going out to hunt that rathian as it looks cool and want to see what the smithy can make from it. After the handler and the scholars got the evidence they needed they are heading back to astera. The handler goes up to them and see if they want to return as well.

Handler: hey, we are heading back to astera. You guys wanna come?

Vanoss: we could, but we were discussing something

Handler: what is it?

Basically: we are going to be here for a little while

Handler: you guys are staying?

Nogla: we are going to hunt that rathian

Handler: the one we sneak away? You guys are going to hunt it?

Basically: ya

Handler: well if that's the case, than it's ok

Terrorizer: is there anything you want to tell us about it?

Handler: not a lot about it, but some at least. So the rathian, also known as the queen of the lands is a flying wyvern that inflicts poison. It does shoot fire blast at y'all, but poison is her specialties

Delirious: a poison dragon huh

Handler: wyvern actually

Delirious: ok

Vanoss: so poison huh, ok than

Handler: yup so make sure you find some antidotes. Fine a blues flower, that's what you need to make some antidotes

Nogla: well noted

Handler: so anyways, I'll be heading back to astera. Enjoy your hunt and I'll see you guys back

With the handler leaving with the scholars vanoss and his friends get up and head out to go hunt the rathian. If they remember correctly, they saw the rathian at the area that's part of the ancient forest. They look around for clues and see where the rathian can be. They found footprints left behind by the rathian and they follow it. Eventually they were led to a dead end as the track stops. Possibly the rathian have taken off somewhere else. lucky their scout flies help them track down the rathian, so they follow the scout flies. Eventually it lead them to an area full of water and mud, but they also found what they are looking for. A rathian that is eating a corpse of a apceros, they found their target. They were going to to it and start the fight, but the rathian saw them and roars at them. It's roar was loud to the point that vanoss and his friends have to cover their ears.

The fight begins with the rathian about to shoot it's fire blast. Vanoss and his friends dodge out of away as the rathian shoots it's fire blast at them and missed. Vanoss and his friends charge at the monster and attack it from all sides. The rathian wiggle it's tail and swings it all around, but the guys avoid it. Vanoss attacks with his newly tested weapon, the gunlance. Terrorizer shoots the wings in an attempt to try to make it less likely to fly. Nogla and wildcat tried to hit its head, but it's moving a lot to avoid it. The rathian flies into the air and shoots a fire blast at the guys, than it charges at them and lands back down. Vanoss and his friends continue fighting the monster as the rathian did the same. The rathian roars at them and move to a new location. The scout flies guides them to where the rathian is going and they follow them. They came to an area with a large rock in the middle and the place is a bit small but has enough room to fight. The rathian shoots it's fire blast in front of them and they are blasted away. Some are caught on fire, but they put it out before it can hurt them. Vanoss and his friends start the fight with Terrorizer giving his heavy bowgun a special ammo. He aims and shoots a hail of bullets at the rathians wings, this damage the one wing and needs to damage the other. The rathian flies in the air and swung it's tail and did a back flip from that. This struck vanoss and send him back, but when he gets up he feels I'll.