Chapter six

I couldn't see the ball so I searched around the pond. "What's taking so long!" I heard from Alex's house. That had to be him because Alex ran down the street as the other boys got another ball and continued the game.

"Hey I think it's in the pond."Alex told me. We turned the corner around a tree and looked down the hill to the pond by some tall grass. "I'll check over there." mentioned Alex. I nodded and walked across the hill looking at the waters edge. I saw the ball and walked down the hill to grab it.

The basket ball was floating just a couple of inches from the shore. As I snatched it out of the water I scared a gaggle of geese, but they swam to my right and seconds later swam back towards me. Did something scare them?

I looked down the shore to the right...
"Alex! Oh god, holy shit." I started to cry. "What's wrong." He asked and ran over. "Call... 911!" I barely whispered.

I was staring at a body a least a meter away from me. It was Rebecca Serwa, a girl who just graduated in my school. She was going into grade 10.

"Rebecca!" Her eyes fluttered open. They were puffy and red from crying and her arms and legs were heavily scraped, most of the cuts were ready scabby but many were still bleeding. I slid her head lightly onto my lap and stroked her hair.

I called Sam about a half an hour later and I told him about Rebecca.