Chapter nine

I woke up in my bed with Sam pacing at the edge of my bed, his brow furrowed. I try to sit up but fall back into the comfort of my sheets. "Oh Cass are you okay? You scared the shit out of me last night." Sam says in a worried tone.

"I had a flash back of the night when that boy was in the train and I think I know that... that Rebeca. Uh I have an idea of who stabbed Rebeca." I finally spit out. Later that day Sam and I head out to the station.

It was a silent and long walk. Sam didn't trust me to ride a bike. He's been acting weird lately.  He was holding my hand as if to support me but I didn't need it I tried to pull out of his grip but he held on to my hand tight.

Sam and I arrived at the station and walked inside to come face to face with that dead serious female officer from last week. Her face was strait but her eyes told me that she wanted nothing to do with this dumb case of assault. 

The officer seated us and looked at Sam with a heavy stare and then she fixed me with her cold and unforgiving eyes.

"So, who assaulted little Miss. Rebeca?"  The officer asked in a bored voice. "Uh I only know what he looks like" I mumbled. I looked down at the officers pad of paper to see three things scribbled about...
<>suspect male<>
<>kids not proving to be very useful<>
<>case ordered to be dropped<>
...
The last one was written in very messy cursive that I had trouble reading upside down but it was clear that there was no point in continuing my description of the boy.

As we walked home I broke the silence "Guess what?" I asked Sam. He replied with a grunt "The boy that assaulted Rebeca was the boy from the train." I replied.

---"WHAT?!"---

As it turns out my oh-so-heroic-brother doesn't take things like this lightly so I might be able to use a few words to describe it. Worried, Scared, Pissed and Fast? Well he tugged me along like a rag doll as he sprinted home. I have never seen him run this fast before.

"Get in your room now!" Sam yelled at me. " What the hell did I do, and why have you been acting like such a jerk!" I spat at him. This really got him pissed because the next thing I new he had slammed the door in my face.