Muke - comfort for stress

ppl - Micheal & Luke
prompt(s) - comfort for stress
a/n - there is a mild bit of sh (hitting yourself), so if that triggers you, I encourage you not to read. Take care of yourselves my loves <3

Micheal's pov.
I've been trying to work on a new song for our upcoming album, key word "trying".

I don't understand why I can't get anything out of me. Words aren't flowing, my mind isn't working, it's like the files in my brain blew up. I've been sitting at my desk in me and Luke's apartment for a couple hours now and nothing is coming to me.

"fuck me.." I whisper under my breath, physically and mentally frustrated to the point of crying. I feel my eyes fill up with warm tears but I quickly blink to get rid of the salty liquid and make sure no tears fall on my blank piece of paper in the table. I know Luke's home and I don't want to bother him. He's getting some much needed rest in our shared bed as we speak and I don't want to risk waking him up with my loud sniffles.

.

Sitting still for another two hours I still only have a couple lines written down with that damn blue pen. Why is nothing working up here..? I think to myself as I hit my head a little bit, frustrated and irritated at myself.

"woah woah baby, no honey don't do that, hey look at me Micheal, don't do that." I heard Luke's honey voice ring through the long hallway leading to our room from my office and the kitchen. I feel his gentle hands rest on my thighs as he knelt down in front of me. I continue to hit my head as I can't resist it, I can't resist my anger and I don't want to harm anything or anyone else: I need to hit something.

Luke gently try's to take my forearms into his hold but not until I finally calm down a bit does he succeed in taking them from my head of raccoon hair.

"Hey sweetie, I'm gonna hold onto your pretty hands for a while ok? I don't want you doing that to yourself, there's no need for it lovely, no need.." he says gently as I feel his hands grab a firmer hold on my arms. "Now tell me what's up, why are you upset baby boy?"

I breakdown at the nickname, bursting into heated tears at the stress and anger that has overcome me. Luke stands up and picks me up, me attaching to him like a koala.

Luke's pov.

I take my boyfriend into my arms, making sure I keep a strong hold on him to give him some physical comfort, almost like a weighted blanket.

I kiss his forehead as he leans his head into my neck, still whimpering and crying. "It's ok baby.. you're ok, let's go to our room ok? C'mon.."

.

Once I reach our room I put Micheal down on the bed before instantly joining in beside him, grabbing the throw blanket at the end of the bed that I was using during my nap so it was still a bit warm.

"Shh.. it's ok honey, calm down, I've got you." I whispered gently into his ear. I take his hood from the back of his sweater and pull it overtop his beautiful, yet messy head of dyed hair. I knew he liked to be covered when he was sad; sounds a bit odd but if you know, you know.

He snuggles into my side as I gently take his hands into my hold and bring them up to my lips, kissing his knuckles gently. I rest his hands on my chest now moving my hands to his back and thigh, bringing his leg over my waist so he could cuddle into me further. "Are you ok now honey..?" Mikey nods lightly before clearing his throat and pressing his face into my neck. I could feel his small cold nose press onto my warm skin making me smile in sympathy.

"Do you want to talk about it, why you were doing that?" I feel him take a deep breath before whispering out an airy "no thanks Luke.."

I hum in acknowledgment before kissing the top of his head and bringing him closer to my body, if that is even possible at this point. "I love you baby.. talk to me when you're ready, ok?" I feel him softly nod once again before huffing out a small ounce of air, both of us drifting off basking in each others warmth.