The 20th

2-28-24

On a pleasant day of May, my father and I decided to go to the camp in Pierre Part to do some maintenance.

After passing through town, we stopped and grabbed some lunch from Paizano's, then ate at the camp. I got a burger; it was immaculate. He got a salad or a burger. We probably split fries.

We cleaned, organized, and checked on the party barge. Then, we took the paddle board down off the Buick.

He asked me if I wanted to go paddle boarding in the river. I didn't know he was actually serious when he suggested for me to do that back at home. I thought we had just brought the paddle board to test the new guard rails we installed on the car. Sometimes I'm a little dense.

I grabbed a life jacket, and he tied the string from a fishing rod to the board so he could pull me back in if anything goes wrong.

Nothing went wrong, though. It was perfect. I was able to balance, and the water was calm. I paddled. I was floating.

He even took a try at it, paddled to the neighbors camp and conversed with them a bit.

After sunset, we packed up and made our way back to Gonzales.

The next day I woke up and I was 19. I don't really remember what happened that day. I can only recall how I spent the day before, and how I was glad about how I spent my last day of 18.

The day was planned, but unplanned in a way. Nothing was expected. It wasn't supposed to be exciting. It was good and normal. I forgot about the tomorrow.

I would like the same thing for this year. I wanna plan an unplanned plan for the day before. I want to spend my final day as a teen relaxed.

If I can be allowed that, then what I do the next day doesn't matter. It doesn't have to be good. My mom can shove cake in my face, and make me sing with my sister.