A "girls only" shopping trip

Lissa POV

Early in the morning, I apperated with my mom to London to get some school supplies.
Mom, who was able to leave her work for a few hours, was happy to spend some time with me and later Fleur. She was also the one, who suggested to invite her.

To guarantee our safety, two bodyguards, Paul and Colin, accompanied us, discreetly of course.

"Hey Fleur, over here!" I screamed when I saw my best friend, stepping out of a dark alley together with her mother, Appoline.
"Liss!" She exclaimed and ran to me, giving me a hug.
" Hello Mrs. Draconi."
"Ah Fleur, I told you to call me Diana and remember, for this year I'm Mrs Jackson."
"Oh I forgot, I am so sorry!" She replied sheepishly.

"Diana, it's been way too long. How are you? How's Ira?" Asked Fleur mom, who knew the queen from their shared school time.
"I'm fine and Ira has been great lately, Apolline, how are you and your husband?"

"We're good, I am just not feeling good to know that my daughter has to spend her school year in Scotland, just because some stupid tournament is taking place. I mean I am proud of her and I am sure she would be a great champion,it's just such a dangerous competition."

"I can totally understand you. I am glad that neither Liss nor Alex wants to participate."

"We have to cheer for Fleur and Viktor though. That's not an easy task." I said, smiling at my best friend." We should probably get going, before it's getting crowded."

Mom walked in a small pub called the "Leaky Cauldron" with us following her. She asked the bartender where to go and he showed us the secret entry into the wizard shopping mall.

"Wow" said turning around " It is magnificent here!"
"Look at the huge bank!" Pointing at a huge white building with the name "Gringotts " in bold letters.
I've rarely been to a place like this, always getting stuff delivered to the castle. It's quite sad to think about it, that a 15 year old can't go out to shop with her friends, just because she was born into a particular family. On one hand it's wonderful to have so much privileges, But one the other it's just sad to never be able to decide for myself or to do what I want and to have my whole life planned out. That's why I enjoy the moments I can decide what to do.

My mom pulls me out of my thoughts with a tug on my sleeve "Where do you want to go first? Maybe an ice cream as a start?"
"That sounds great mom!"
"Then let's get some ice cream!" She said smiling "I has been so long since we did a girls trip!"

At the Ice cream parlour, Mom ordered lemon and strawberry sorbet, Appoline mango and strawberry, Fleur chocolate and mint and I choose cookie and chocolate. We stayed in the shop a little, to give Paul and Colin the chance to get some ice cream too.
After that, we went outside again and started our shopping spree.

"I need some new quills and papers."listed Fleur, pointing at a small shop with writing equipment.
"Should we split?" I asked " I already have pens and still have to get my robes, but I bet they're not as pretty as at Beauxbatons."
"Sure,meet again in 20 minutes?"
"Alright! See you soon." I replied, stepping in "Madame Malkins " with Mom.

"Hello dear." A kind voice greeted us. "Are you here for your Hogwarts robes?"
"Yes I am, Ma'am."
"Then let me measure you and you'll be on your way in no time."  She pointed her wand at a measure tape and it took of flying, circling around my figure. While she noted my measurements down, I chatted with her about her kids and how busy her summer was lately.

When I looked out of the window, a group of redheads, accompanied by a pretty brunette girl and a skinny boy with black hair walked by. The weird thing about the group was, that as soon as a wizard saw them, they would stop and stare at the boy, indiscreetly talking to their companions. Some of them would even be so bold to ask for a signature, which he never refused.
The ring of the doorbell interrupted my thoughts, stepping into the shop were the two girls of the group, one with brown, one with red hair.