Chapter 9

One month later, Eliot and Mujika had already been home again, and Izumi and Julian had returned from Charlotte's and Ralph's house. The mood at home was amazing and everything was so calm. It was just a great time and Julian's eyes had been shining lately. He was thinking about Melinda a lot and she came to visit him often.

Mujika was playing with Izumi in his room when she suddenly noticed a strange but very familiar feeling in her stomach. From one to the other second, she jumped up, running to the bathroom. Izumi stood up startled and ran after her.

"Mommy!! What's going on!? Are you sick???", he sat next to her scared and hugged her.

"I'm...", before she managed to answer she had to threw up again. Izumi's eyes filled with tears. "W-what's wrong?! Mom!"

"I'm f-fine... don't worry son...", she murmured and cleaned her mouth while he hugged her tighter.

"I'm here mommy... don't fear... I'll protect you...", he murmured unsure of how to protect her. She got down on her knees and smiled slightly at him.
"Izu... Don't worry...! You don't have to protect me! Nothing happened! But... Don't tell it to daddy, okay?", she washed out her mouth with some mouth water and then took Izumi's hand to leave the bathroom. "Why...? He could help you!", Izumi suggested.

"I'm fine honey! No need to worry!", at the same moment the door opened, and Eliot and Julian walked in. Since it was a Friday Eliot had got Julian from the dorm so he could spend the weekend with the family. When Eliot saw the two his eyes started shining brightly and he went up to Mujika to hug her tightly and then he lifted up Izumi hugging him too. "Hey... Something's wrong?", he looked unsure at the two of them since Izumi had lowered his head and Mujika's smile didn't look quite real. Julian left the bag near the couch and came over ruffling Izumi's hair: "Are you sad because I came back?"

"N-nooo... I'm happy!!", he also hugged Julian tightly. "Do you want to play with me?"

"Let's go!", he smiled lightly. He had to be honest, he had missed being around his family really much. Especially spending time with Izumi was one of his favourite things.

"How was your day, darling?", Mujika asked Eliot hugging him again. He smiled and kissed her forehead: "It was very good! My class is giving it's best and the exams went really well! And how was your day?"
"That sounds great! My day was good! The food is in the oven! I will take it out quickly, alright?", she smiled and loosened herself from Eliot's hug, disappearing in the kitchen. He looked after her a little worried but stayed silent, hoping that she would tell him what's wrong when she felt ready for it.

A few minutes later the four were sitting at the table having lunch, Mujika started to feel nausea again, she put her hand on her stomach with a strange expression. Eliot had been watching her over and over again, worried what might have happened and when he noticed her face, he held her hand: "Mujika... are you okay?"

"Y-yeah! Sure! I... I just need to go to the bathroom!", she got up and walked quickly to the bathroom. The three at the table followed her with their eyes, and then looked at each other.

"What happened to mom?", Julian asked confused, and Eliot shook his head. "I have no idea... How did she behave with you Izu?", Eliot asked looking at the little boy.

"G-good...", the little boy lowered his head and his eyes filled with tears. Julian raised an eyebrow and then looked at his father.

"Izu... You can talk to us...! We need to help mommy if something's wrong!", he smiled, crouching down in front of him and took his little hands looking into his eyes.
"B-but mommy said that I shouldn't tell you!", Izumi complained and then quickly covered his mouth.

"Right... I will talk to her then... Don't worry, okay?", Eliot smiled lightly and wiped Izumi's tears away while the little boy nodded softly. Eliot went into the direction of the bathroom and Izumi lifted his arms wanting to get onto Julian's lap.

Eliot noticed that the bathroom door was still open a little, so he knocked onto the door before he slowly entered. Mujika was sitting in front of the toilet again holding her belly with closed eyes. She seemed to concentrate on not needing to vomit again. Eliot slowly approached and sat down next to her caressing her back. "Hey... What's happening...?"

She leaned her head against his chest and sighed: "I'm fine..."
"Since when are you sick?", he stroked through her hair, and she seemed to relax a little.

"I'm not sick, it's okay, I just felt a little bad...", she tried to get up but then sat down again. Eliot sighed looking at her lifting her up carefully and carried her to the bedroom. He covered her with a blanket, and brought her a hot water bottle.
"Eliot... I said it's not that bad...!", but she smiled slightly feeling how lovely he was. He sat next to her into the bed and caressed her face. "So then tell me why you don't want to talk to me about it...!", he spoke seriously.

"It's useless to try to hide it, right...?", she smiled weakly and took his hand placing it on her belly. "I think... I am pregnant again".

She cringed a little and said low: "I-I mean... Maybe not! B-but it feels like last time..."

His eyes started shining: "That's... amazing!! Is it really true!? I-I mean... Are you too much in pain!? Should we go to the hospital??"

She smiled and kissed him: "I was afraid you didn't want a third child..."

"O-oh... But why?", he smiled softly and held her face.

"J-just because it was so difficult last time... I mean we're having the vaccine now so I don't think something like this will happen again, but before I wanted to tell you I planned to do the pregnancy test...", she admitted.

"Even if... We will always find a solution...! I could never not want a child coming from us...!", he smiled and kissed her forehead. She smiled brightly and nodded: "Shall we tell the boys? Maybe it's better to wait for the exams..."

"When will you do it?"

"Today? I want to know it soon!", she smiled, and he nodded.

"Right... I will get the test then and you stay with the boys? I'll tell them to be calm today!", he smiled, and she returned the smile. "Thank you dear...".

When Eliot left the room, he heard the two boys talking in the kitchen.

"I already told you that! She doesn't like strawberry tea!", Julian argued with him.

"Of course she does! She loves it!", Izumi responded.

"No! She loves peppermint!"

"It's almost the same!", the little boy decided.

"That's not right! It's very different!!", the discussion seemed to get even louder soon.

"Hey hey guys calm down, Mujika needs to rest a little now..."

"Dad, mom doesn't like strawberry tea, right?", Julian crossed his arms and Izumi stomped with his little foot. "She does like it!!!"

"Anything you two do for her would make her happy!", he smiled. "But I think her favourite tea really is peppermint while mine is also strawberry so you both remembered well! But I think in the condition she is right now a chamomile tea would calm her belly the most".

"Right...", they agreed slowly.

"Is mommy sick??", Izumi asked while Julian already started preparing the chamomile tea. "I am going to buy something to see what she has, alright? While I am gone it would be great if you two would try to stay a little silent so Mujika can sleep, okay?", he smiled, and Julian looked at him as if he was guessing something already.
"We're going to be silent", he just said, and Izumi nodded.
"Alright! See you then! Thank you!", he smiled and soon left.