13| Mixed feelings

M A G N U S. D E L A C R O I X

I don't know about her, but I'm only tense because of this dumb ball.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that bad.

The food is good and I got to see some people from my mafia, but I hate dancing, especially in front of people.

I didn't really answer her. I was getting fed up so I just gave her a nod while rolling my eyes.

She scoffed and just continued to dance.

I can see that she's a good danser. Honestly.

Even when the song was slow, she moved her hips and swayed slowly and gracefully.

"Maybe now would be a good time to get to know one another?" She said with a smile. "I mean, you're technically living with me for a bit ."

"No." I plainly said.

"Oh come on. Your life is probably boring which is why you don't wanna share anything. Bet your girlfriend is boring too." She smirked.

If she's going to keep trying to get things out of me and assume my life, then I'll leave.

I don't want to be seen with the problem here, which is her.

I Gave her a cold look before pushing her off me and walking away.

I stormed back outside, staring into the fountain.

I heard her a few minutes later walking up behind me.

"I'm sorry... I didn't really know what I said would make you upset. I won't disrespect you or your girlfriend." She laughed.

She was sorry, but for the wrong reasons.

"I'm not upset, and I don't have a girlfriend."

"Oh. I thought you did."

"How come?" I said as she sat at the edge of the fountain with me.

"I mean, Im sure a lot of pretty girls ask you out all the time." She laughed. "You look like a whole model."

Was that a compliment?

"Well no. I don't have a girlfriend. Im not looking for relationship. They're... invasive to me." I said looking up to her from the ground.

I have to admit, even though she's annoying, she looked really beautiful. The moonlight hit the side of her face so perfectly.

Her hair looked silly and he eyes literally sparkled.

Her beauty still doesn't make up for her ugly personality.

"Your staring quite hard." She giggled.

"Im just wondering why you look so much of a donkey." That was the first thing that came to mind.

She rolled her eyes and smiled, looking into the fountain of water.

"For your information, I'm not a boring person. I do lots of fun, and even dangerous things lady." I said, breaking the silence.

"I'm sure you do." She didn't take her eyes off the fountain.

"Clearly you don't believe me. I don't have to prove myself to you but I'll do it so you can stop making assumptions. Let's get out of here." I said standing up.

"What? We don't have a ride." She said wide eyed.

I knelt down to her ear, brushing a strand away.

"But we have a bike..." I came back up with a smirk on my face.

I began walking to the front of the ball from the back.

She followed behind me.

"Wait, I'm wearing a dress though.." she said in realization.

"Then just have your both your legs on one side. Don't tell me your scared.." i said teasing."aww the poor mafia bosses Italian princess is scared?"

"Shut up." She said grabbing the helmet from my hand.

I put the other on, then got onto the bike.

I started it and moved forward a bit, her hands tightly wrapping around my waist, her chest to my back where her head also laid.

I was feeling that weird thing in my stomach again. I don't know what it was but it made me nervous.

I cleared my throat before driving off.

I don't know where we were going, but I knew there was a nearby meadow which had a really nice view of the city.

I drove us there, then parked.

We got off and I just sat at the edge of the cliff, my legs hanging off as I looked at the city.

Amira sat down next to me as we both looked at the view.

We kinda just sat in silence. I didn't know what to say.

Just then, my phone rang, breaking the silence.

I saw Liam calling me. I picked it up.

"Dude, the dance is about to end. You should come back. Wherever you are hurry up so your dad doesn't get mad."

"Alright. I'll be there in 10." I hung up.

"We should go now." I said while standing up.

"Oh.. okay." She said heading back to the bike.

We soon arrived back before the dance ended. It was 10:50 pm. The ball was practically over.

A few minutes later and the dance was over. Andrey made some announcement thanking everyone. I didn't really pay attention though.

While he was making the announcement I felt someone behind me give me a hug.

It was my mom.

I hadn't seen her since the day before we left on the plane.

I gave her a tight hug.

"Oh my sweet boy! Has this past week been okay? I know your father is a handful." She said while rubbing both my arms.

"Yes mother. And he hasn't really bothered me much ever since we got here." I assured her.

"Wonderful my dear. Look, I'm going back to France tonight at 11:45. I just wanted to make sure I see you before. I don't know how much more you're staying here."

I hugged my mom again before her and all the other guests left.

I didn't really like hugs all that much. I only hugged my mom but it was all I was used to.

I walked outside and everyone had already left in their rides. It was just me, Artemis, her friends, and our parents.

I saw them all getting into the car.

"Oh wait! I forgot my purse. Papá, you all can leave without me. I'll call another limo." Artemis said before running inside.

The limo drove off.