long time no see

“throughout all heaven and earth, i alone am the honoured one”
those are the exact words that left his lips.
gojo satoru is the strongest. feared by curses and curse users alike.

his technique and six eyes made him that. limitless. powerful.
then why does he fail to protect the ones most closest to him?

to the ones whose life actually matter to him. he felt helpless, weak.

he could practically feel the crack of his heart as he took in your form. held in chains and ropes in this small basement room, unconscious.

following suguru, you went against everything you've learnt in the school and proceeded to kill non sorcerers. you didn't hate them as much as suguru did but you didn't necessarily like them either.

killing them without any remorse, perhaps you were as bad as suguru, if not more. but the ends justify the means right? you've seen many, too many good sorcerers killed in cold blood because they wanted to protect the non sorcerers.

although the world suguru envisioned was not exactly ideal, you could see the appeal and it was definitely more appealing than having to try to fight off curses everyday for the rest of your life.

that and the fact that you could do it with one of your best friends was more than what you could ask for. even if it meant leaving another best friend behind…

slowly you fluttered your eyes open, revealing an all too familiar face staring at you.
“oh. you're awake”

you take in your surroundings and try to move but the ropes held you in place and your body felt so heavy you would have fallen if not for the ropes.

“youre a piece of work aren't you?” he chuckled
“yah…” he sighed as he leaned back on his chair.
“a real piece of work…”

“now now. let me fill you in! i totally didn't expect you to surrender to me so easily just like that but hey im sure you're familiar with this place, it's where we hold our prisoners” he beamed.

“see that talisman around your wrist? yes that'll reduce your cursed energy by a ton so you won't be able to use your technique or channel enough to actually kill somebody.”

“and yes, with an experienced talented curse user like yourself you would be finally able to give back to jujutsu society by teaching the first years alongside me! how fun!!”

you gaped at him in shock
“teach?”
“that's right. teach the first years. with me!” he grinned and you frown.

“oh don't give me that look you should be thankful. did you know how hard it was to convince the higher ups to not execute you” it wasn't. he tried to hollow purple those old hags and they folded immediately in fear but you didn't need to know that.

“and you didn't think it was a good idea to kill me on the spot?” you raise your eyebrows questioningly.
his smile dropped as he strode over to you, leaning in so he meets your eye level.

“no. you're not dying. not if i can help it”
the tension hanging in the air was palpable and the silence that followed was suffocating.

he stood up tall and flashed another big grin “alright now that you've agreed, im going to set you free now.”
“i didn't agree.”
“like you have a choice.”

slowly he undid the ropes holding you in place and hence freeing you. his hands grazed over the talisman on your wrist ever so slightly it sent chills down your spine.

your eyes never left his bandages, wondering how long it had been since you saw his blue eyes you always seem to drown in.
“there you go” he smiled. “lets go meet the first years”

“first years, y/n. y/n, first years” satoru gestured.
“maki, panda, toge and there's one more. yuta.”
ah yuta. the one suguru wanted to kill and obtain his cursed spirit.
“he's off to train somewhere else” satoru elaborates.

you nod. awkward was not awkward enough to describe the atmosphere.
“this idiot trusts you but that doesn't mean i do” maki deadpanned.

“now now kids this is your teacher. i expect you to treat them accordingly” he rests his arm on your head and chuckle earning a glare from you.

“so y/n why don't you show us your skills?” panda asks.
“can't.” you held out your hand with the talisman “im restricted”
“doesn't mean you can't show off your combat skills!” satoru chimed.

“come on, hit me with your best shot” he challenged.
“im fighting you?”
“oh come on, no way you're beating up my precious students. why? you scared?”

you scoff and took your stance.
“that's more like it” he smirks.
with amicable speed, you attacked. he dodged as efficiently as you throw your punches.

“that all you got? come on try harder” he taunted and it worked because you got pissed off and attack again with more speed and precision. you jump and aim his head but suddenly move past him and flop onto the ground with a split catching him off guard.

you spin as you try to trip him over but he jumped.
“that was good!” you roll your eyes and waste no time to throw another punch but this time instead of dodging he grabbed your wrist mid punch and trips you, making you fall along with him.

your head was cushioned by one of his big hands and the other was still grabbing your wrist. everything froze as your faces were mere inches away, staring at the bandages you find yourself wanting to tear off.

and one detail you wish you didn't notice was that he had his infinity off. you were in close proximity with gojo satoru in the flesh.

you blinked and pushed away, he let you go.
“now kids, that. that was good wasn't it?” he chuckled as you dusted yourself off.

“admit” maki said.
“she's good!” panda confirmed
“bonito flakes” toge chimed.

you smile a bit and satoru came close
“is this why you surrendered? you couldn't have won against me” his voice was below a whisper. you didn't answer and walk away.

later that day, satoru had a mission and since you were basically joined at the hip because of the deal, he let you tag along.

he scanned the area over and smirked
“a special grade huh” he turned to you. “just watch and marvel”

the spirit appeared and before it could even get ready to attack, satoru conjured up his amplification technique: red and shot him with it immediately killing the curse.

“done!” he beamed. “now let's go get some candy. im craving something sweet.” he drags you along.
on the way to the sweet store you came across suguru's girls.

“y/n???” nanako called as you froze and glanced at satoru who looks at them amused.
“we thought you were dead…” mimiko looked to you and then to satoru.

“have you betrayed us? did you betray geto??” nanako said angrily as mimiko held her back.
“n-no girls… i-”
“lets go nanako. she's not on our side anymore.” mimiko pulled her sister away and they left.

“interesting girls-” satoru freezes at the sight of you.
you couldn't stop your tears as you watched them walk away. they were close to geto, like his daughters, and even to you so them seeing you like this made you sick.

“y/n-” he gently placed his hand on your shoulder which you shove off rather violently.
“don't.” you couldn't hold back a sob. you turn away, humiliation, anger and sadness all consuming you.

you hadn't been able to grieve suguru properly and now seeing mimiko and nanako pushed you over the edge . you buried your face in your hands and sob incontrollably.

you try drying your tears while sobbing and walked. you don't know where. you had no home without suguru.
you just walked, not minding the stares you got, into a deserted alleyway and then sat down, hugging your knees and crying onto them as if crying enough would bring suguru back.

unbeknownst to you, satoru leaned onto a wall nearby. hearing you sob so painfully, the bandages around his eyes dampened.

𓏲 ࣪₊♡𓂃

story cover ctto
please reach out to me for credit or removal, i couldn't find the og artist