XV

CHAPTER XV
————————————————————

THE HARBOUR WAS BUSY AND IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT. I walked with my two friends down to the docks and I waited while my luggage was loaded onto the ship.

I looked around, feeling a form of repulse towards the ship I was about to board.

I never got to say goodbye to Xiao, and the last moments I spent with him were after the party when he came to my house to comfort me.

The last I felt from him was a kiss goodbye this morning.
And I never knew it was going to be our last.

Beidou was crying, and Kazuha couldn't keep it in either.
I looked at them in pity, not knowing when I'd ever see my two best friends again.

"You'll be safe right? You'll let me know when you get there." she grabbed my hands and I nodded at her with teary eyes.

"When am I going to see you again Y/n?" Kazuha asked me, he looked devastated.

"I don't know...I can't guarantee if I will." I frowned and brought him into a hug.

"I love you Y/n." he cried into my shoulder and clung onto my coat.

"Me too Kazuha." I held him close and kissed his cheek.

We both parted from the hug and stared at each other with red puffy eyes.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay with you guys...it really means a lot." I smiled at both of them.

"You're always welcome back." Beidou held onto Kazuha in order to stay upright.

The ship blared its horn, signalling that departure was imminent and so I grabbed my carry bag and got ready to bid my final goodbyes.

"I love you two." I held back tears.

All three of us hugged and I slowly walked towards the ship, looking back at them every chance I got.

I watched them from the gunnel and couldn't help but cry over the fact I was leaving Liyue.

Liyue may be the most beautiful city in all of Teyvat, and now I have to abandon my life here for my arranged marriage.

The boarding plank rose, meaning everyone was on board.

I gulped the last of the acid in my throat and prepared myself for departure.

I saw a figure running to the harbour and upon closer inspection, I recognised the teal hair and the leather jacket he wore.

My crying got worse, and I felt as if I was drowning in my tears.

He looked desperate and confused, Kazuha and Beidou had to hold him back.

"Y/n!" he called out loud enough for me to hear.
His voice was so comforting to hear.

He looked as if he was also about to cry.

"I love you my starboy!"

"I LOVE YOU TOO,
MY STARGIRL!"
————————————————————
@SCYKHS