Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Baylee? As in Baylee Green? Grant senses my unease and quirks and eyebrow.

“Everything okay?” He asks. I nod.

“Yes, just…thinking” I say. He drops the subject and gets up offering me a hand.

“Ready to go work?” He asks me. I nod and grab his hand, very used to the gesture.

We walk outside and into his… thing.

“Grant?” I ask, scanning the undefined object. “What is this?”

He smirks and holds in laughter.

“It’s a car. A way to get around without using your feet.” He says, opening up a door. “Come on in!” He chirps. I smile and get into the ‘car’.

Grant gets into the other side. I sit in the plush seat not knowing what to do. Grant gets in and looks amused.

“You need a seat belt” He declares. I blush and look at his chin instead of his eyes.

“I don’t know how to do this” I mumble. He smiles and reaches over me. I hold my breath as he grabs a black rope and ties it around and clicks it into place.

“Like that” He says winking. I fight back another blush.

“Do you like music?” He asks me after awhile. I smile and nod.

“Very much so, but I never have anytime for it” I reply lustfully. He smiles and cranks up the music from the radio. I smile and bob my head to the music. I have never heard this before, but I like it a lot. I hear quiet singing from alongside me as we glide on the road.

I see turn my head to see Grant singing as he turns the corner.

“You are rather good” I compliment. He smiles while his cheeks turn red.

“Thanks. I know I’m not that good though. That’s why I work at Clothes and Fabric Galore” He replies. I shake my head at his ignorance. I look outside and see many plains for grass and animals.

“Do you not work near your home?” I ask. Grant sighs and shakes his head.

“No good jobs. I work next town over. Only a few more minutes and we’ll me there.” Grant reassures me. I nod and look at where I am stuck for now.

“I should give you a nickname!” Grant says after a few moments. I look at him with an amused expression.

“What kind of nickname can you give a girl names ‘Miranda’” I ask. Grant smirks.

“Panda. I am now calling you Panda” Grant smiles broadly at me. I giggle and shake my head at him. Panda? I think he believes I’m a animal. Is that normal for a ‘human’ to name you? I guess I’ll just have to think that for a while.

“Don’t worry, we’re almost there” Grant says to me, gaining my attention through my thoughts. I nod and look out the side window.

A creature I’ve never seen darts across the sky with lightning speed. The scene looks painted, very well maintained. The sun is brightly up in the very blue sky. No clouds to be found anywhere. And the grass looks perfect with dew covering the field, due to the early time. Clovers blanket over the grass. A mixture of 4 leaved ones and 3 leaved ones across the never ending valley.

It looks perfect. More than when I was at home.

All the ghouls and fairy’s and their lemmings would always be out there messing with their magic. Making a very large mess.

Minutes later we pull up to a building. With the sign Clothes and fabrics galore clearly displayed. I push the button close to where Grant tied a ‘seat belt’ around me and it releases me. Grant appears at my side, opening the door and I smile fondly up at him before getting out and stretching my cramped legs from sitting for too long.

“Here is where I make a living” Grant says to me as we walk in. I walk in first, Grant a half step behind me. I see a big… thing come at me and jumps on me I quickly retreat and bump into Grant in  my scrambling.

“This is Buster. The owner’s dog.” Grant says petting Buster. I look at the animal and stroke it’s fur. It presses it’s nose to my hand. I feel the wetness and retract my hand and stand. I hear a very famous chuckle from beside me.

“Not a dog person, panda?” He asks, slinging an arm over my shoulder. I shake my head. He guides us over to the counter and he grabs aprons and throws one at me.

“Put that on. I’ll check in” He says, going through the ‘staff only door’. I wrap the apron over my head as my wand creates a loud noise.

I pull it out of my boot and look at who is wiz-calling me.

Zaydon.

A/n

Been awhile with this book. I am putting a few oon hold. Probally JAC. Sorry Madi...

Dedication goes to one of my besties!

MADI!!!

She is amazing :) Any ways, thanks for reading, my retarded seals:)

-MeForLife OUT!!!