Chapter 4

I wake up, not in my room. But I was faced with a white wall. Mine is purple with blue polka dots. Where am I? I get up, wearing someone elses clothing, I can tell because I wear very modern things. This is, so.... raggy. I get up and look around and see nowon. Okay, I am panicing. I am not home, I am in someone elses home. Suddenly everything comes back to me, even though I wish it was a dream.

The portal, me getting lost, and me getting stuck here. Well, thats...perfect. At least I have a friendly human. Maybe. Maybe he just wants to hurt me! But, he has been very nice lately.

I walk out of the room and walk into the kitchen to see Grant cooking, and looking like failing, at making breakfast.

"What are you doing?" I ask after watching him fumble for a bit. I seemed to startle him because he jumped a bit.

"Oh hey Miranda. How was your sleep? I am attempting to make us breakfast." He says, while shaking his greasy hair.

"My sleep was good. I'll make breakfast. You go get ready for the day" I shoo him out if the kitchen.

"No, Miranda, you are the guest, I will make breakfast, dinner, and lunch." Grant states.

"I was a last minuite guest! Please Grant. It is the least I could do." I almost beg. I more than likely look horrible too. I mean, I am wearing guy clothes, I can feel the grease in my brown hair, and my make-up is smeared, how he dosen't grimince in disgust, is beyond me.

"Fine, I conceed, you may feed us. But this food is more than likely horrible. I am taking a shower. I might have clothes for you from when my sister was around." He says vaguely while walking up the stairs. When my sister was around. Huh?

Anyways, I take out my wand from my waistband and think very hard about what I want.

Make this food delishious, make it deliousios

I repeat in my head. I pen my eyes to the food sitting in the pans looking perfect. I smile and grab two plates and a spatcula. I serve the eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and orange juice and set them on the table. Me and my family haven't eaten together in a really long time. With the store and everything, it's hard.

I look around before I pull out my wand.

Make me look pretty, make me look pretty

I repeat as a daily rutine. I open my eyes and my hair is in a weird braid I can't see very well, with a few stands hung loose. While on my body I am wearing a leather jacket and some ripped jeans. My shirt has a round happy face on it as well. I look childish. Oh well.

I go over to the bathroom and see some of my hair has been done in a S shaped braid. (Pic on the side). My make-up perfectly,and flawlessly on my face. Purple sparkly eye shawdow painted on my eye lids, black mascara effortlessly on my lashes, my eyes pop out alot from it's shameful color or gray. My soft lips have a dap of gloss to make them shine and pop out of the ordainary.

I looked beautiful.

I walk out of the bathroom to see Grant looking weirdly at my food.

"What?" I ask him. He turns around and his eyes almost popped out of his head.

"Wh-where did you find those close, and that make-up" He stutters. I smile at him.

"I used the bathroom and found some make-up in the drawer when I was looking for a hairtie for my hair. Are you mad?" I ask. Looking through peoples drawers is a bad thing, I hope he isn't mad at me.

"Nah, I am not mad. I mean, who else will use the make-up? I sure wont" He laughs. I laugh my small tight laugh.

"Thanks for making this, it looks delishios" Grant says thoughtfully. He holds out his hands, as if wanting a hug. I smile and walk into his warm arms. I wrap my arms around his middle and he wraps his around my waist.

"You shouldn't be thanking me. You took me in when I needed somewhere to go. Your really nice Grant. But I should find somewhere to sleep tonight, I can't stay with you, I wouldn't want to intrude" I say, I start to pull away but  Grant holds my tiny waist tighter.

"You are not a bother, at all, Miranda. Your awesome" He says. Grant looks down at me.

"Please stay" He whispers. Why he whispers? Is beyond me. I nod.

"Fine I'll stay, but I won't live long if you don't let me eat" I state joking-ly. He relases me and we sit down to eat.

"So" Grant says while biting into a strip of pig. "What do you want to do today?" He asks. I shrug.

"No clue. What is there to do?" I ask. Now I REALLY wish I read that book on the other world. I need tips!

"Well, I have work today. You could help if you want" He says. Really, I leave and now I have more work?

"Sure, what do you do?" I reply anyway, disobaying my selfish brain.

"I am a cashregister person at Clothes, and fabics galore" He says. At least I know what to do.

"Grant?" I ask. I need him to tell me my answer.

"Hmm?" He asks, looking me dead in the eye.

"What happened to your sister?" I ask quietly, looking away from him. I hear him take a deep breath. I look back into his eyes and see them breaking.

"It was about 4 years ago. She was just turning 17. She got into her car on New Years' and got hit by a drunk driver. Died on impact. I always feel so gultiy. The last thing I said to her was "Never come back".  W-we were fighting alot that night, my mother and father were too. It was just a bad day in all. I can never think of her without guilt hitting me like a ton of bricks.SHe is an angel and is now where she belongs, with the angels" He says, letting a single tear fall onto his cheek.

I get up and go over to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and he hugs me back.

"It is not your falt, I know you love her, and I know she loves you. And is watching you right now." I say as I pull away to look at him. I mop up his tear and go over to my seat.

"What was her name? Your sister" I ask.

This next answer I was not expecting.

"Baylee"

A/N

I love cliffys so much. They leave you guessing. WARNING: I have not edited it, but when do I ever edit?

What do you think will happen next?

Will Grant find out that Miranda is a wizard?

Tell me what you think. This chapter is dedicated to @ktpa19 because she loves sparkles, and she is a pretty cool person with an amaZAYN book. See what I did there? I know this is not my fan fiction, yeah yeah, but let me fan girl for 2 sentances.

OMG OMG OMG, LIVE WHILE WERE YOUNG IS SO EPIC!!!! I DIED, AND THEN RELIVED TO PRESS REPLAY!!!

Back :) So do you like my new covers for my books? I love them, I worked really hard on them. I shall talk to you in my next Just Coverd, or whatever the fudge it is titled, later. More than likely today ;)

-MeForLife OUT!!