Chapter 1

~Chapter 1~

I genitally move my hands, controlling my movements to better control my spell. I move my hands around in my circle to create the ball. I attempt to make it hard. I feel it harden in my hands. I go over to put it onto it's already made stand. I slowly make my way over to the stand with the breakable orb.

'Miranda! I have been looking everywhere for you!" My older brother, Zaydon says. I jerk and drop the orb on the ground. I scowl at my brother.

"Zaydon! I worked really hard on making that!" I yell at him. Making a crystal takes alot of effort, and takes alot out of you. Genies need them though and they can't make them, wizards like me and my family can.

"Sorry, Merry"  He says. I hate the nickname he gave me. He uses it because I am very snarking towards him. And you can probably see why.

"Whatever, Zay. You are making a new one for mom and dad" I instruct. "I'll clean this up" I add. I like to practice my magic.

"But, Miranda, your much better at it. It drains me of all my energy!" He complains. I roll my eyes at his dramatics.

"Bro, your older. Therefore you have more power. So you are just being lazy" I say. He sulks into the chair he sat in. He glares at me. I smile in return. My eyes rome around the room. Our familys wizard room is rather large. It has many potions and spell books. And three old chairs.

"Fine" He mumbles. I look over at the now million pieces of crystal. I close my eyes and make a sweeping motion with my hands. I repeat over and over in my head: Clean up this mess. throw it away.

I open my eyes to a now clean area. I smile at my success. I look over at Zaydon. He is slowly creating the ball. I shake my head at his unfocues state. I move towards the door and leave.

I exit through the door, and see many fariys, elves, and a few angels. Not many creatures go out at night. I walk through the few scatterd people on the road we mainly have for flying carpets. I enter the door with the words: Magic and more on it. It is my familys store. I look over at my mom and dad. They are smiling at a couple of wolfs. Well they are in human form right now. I can tell because they have much more hair on there body's.

Mom and dad finish with the coustemer and turn to me.

"Oh, Miranda. Did Zaydon tell you we needed you?" She asks. So thats what he had to tell me and was looking for me for. I nod, not wanting to get him in trouble. She looks in my empty hands.

"Where is the crystal? We don't have many left" She asks. I bite my nails in habit when I get nervous. What do I say?

"I.. um... Made it, but, it,uh, broke" I say. That sounded convinceing. My mom nods. I know she didn't buy it.

"Alright, just watch the store till closing please" She says.

"Alright, mom." I agree and go behind the till and watch my parents leave. I groan and rest my head on my arms. Nobody is in the store. Only genies, werewolfs, and angels ever come in here. The stray wizard and lepercon. But all the lepercons need is a new pot. I look over at the bookshelf and a new book catches my eye:

The other world.

The other world? What other world? I close my eyes and focus my energy. I want the book. Bring the book over to me I think. I open my eyes and see the book on the desk. I open the book and read the first paragrah I see first.

The world we live in, is not the only one. Our world has been hidden from another kind of creature. Humans. Humans-

Someone taps my shoulder. I jerk up, and see a handsom face looking down at me.

"Hi, welcome to Magic and more How may I help you?" I recite. I don't know what he is. I look harder. I have no idea. He chuckles at my squinting.

"I am a skinwalker. And yes I would like help" The man says. Well, he looks about my age. So boy-ish. A skinwalker is someone who can make him or herself any animal of their choice. I have always wanted to meet one. I heard they are really rare.

"How may I help?" I ask politly. I plaster a fake smile onto my face.

"I want to know if you have any books about the other world." He asks. I look down at the book I was reading. He takes the hint.

"Or, i'll come back when you are done?" He offers. I shake my head, I am never aloud to read anything from the store, even though I have read alot of them. Most of them were spell books for wizards. Which makes sense because we are wizards.

"No, thats fine. I will ring this up for you" I say. I close the book, wishing I had read about humans. Whatever they are. I ring the book and he hands me the number.

"You can borrow it if you want when I am done" He offers. I shake my head.

"Truthfully I was not even alod to read it." I say. He chuckles and looks at my name tag.

"I guess it will have to be privet then, Miranda" He says. "My name is Darren" He adds and leaves. Okay he was cute. But his interest in letting me read was unpassable.

I will learn about humans, whatever they are. I wonder what power they have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hey guys it is me! So I had this book in mind for awhile. But Off The Maps is now on hold. I am so sorry! But I wanna focus on my 2 main books. OWOD is almost over anyway. So enjoy! This is dedicated to my friend, Maggie. Why? Because I haven't talked to her in awhile. But she has Wattpad now, so I can talk to her again. I am happy for that. Feedback is always welcome.

Vote and Comment?

MeForLife OUT!!