Chapter 33

Mary was kind enough to let me stay with her for as long as I needed, and that was until I decided what I wanted to do. I still have no idea. Samir hasn't tried to contact me either. Does that mean it's over?

I didn't know if I wanted to rekindle anything or how to start a conversation either with him. He should speak first. He was more in the wrong than I was. I acknowledged my mistake, yet he continued to be angry at me for days.

I sighed as I brushed my teeth. I had gone and brought myself some clothes to stay here. I was getting ready for uni. It was the first time I was going after the party. Part of me couldn't believe that I was ready to give up everything for him. But he meant so much to me that I would've done anything at that point to pacify him.

I dont even know what happened that night. I can't remember a lot of it. Even when all I can remember was talking to a guy, and the next morning, I was at home. Had I called Samir? Because I know he couldn't have guessed where I was.

I sighed again. How much longer was I going to dwell on what happened that night? It was time to move on from all that. I was going to be fine. If I could cope with my parents abandoning me, then I could also move on from Samir. I grabbed my new bag and bid Mary goodbye, making sure that I had my spare keys.

Mary's parents were so welcoming, too. I thought by now they'd tell me to leave, but they spoiled me with love. Marys mother had given me so much love, but without the expectation of it being returned through favours. I had also seriously asked them whether I was a burden, but they both told me off. Mary did tell them what had happened, but neither of them were worried. They shared a look between themselves and just smiled as if they knew something.

I didn't take too much time off university, just 2 days, and then it was the weekend, which i spent catching up to my missed lectures. I began working on all my assignments bit by bit, forcing myself to stay organised and committed rather than having a mental breakdown with all the pressure.

I took the bus to university, and it was long and slow, which is why I had to leave a little earlier than usual. Traffic went at a snails pace in the morning. And while I suffered on the bus, I mentally made a note to start driving lessons soon. Everything was easier with a car.

I finally reached and went to the campus cafe and ordered a cappuccino. I needed some caffeine before my lecture. Night's were hard to get through, and I tried not to cry, which worked until everything became overwhelming. I just missed him, regardless of everything else.

Our mornings together were so sweet. We would either have breakfast at home or pick up something up on the way. I sighed and sipped on my hot drink as I walked to the lecture hall.

I took my usual seat and set up my things on the table, waiting for it to start. Just as I finished, I saw Juliet sitting down beside me. "Hey." She smiled.

"Hi." I replied back.

"Where'd you go? I was looking everywhere for you." She said with worry.

"I went home." I replied. I didn't like that she left me.

"But why, Bruce said you were going to meet him."

I narrowed my eyes. "Why would I meet him if I had a boyfriend?" What kind of girl does she think I am?

"So? It's not a big deal. Everyone does it." She rolled her eyes at me. There was a different tone in her voice. Like almost bitchy.

"I'm not everyone. And you were supposed to stay with me, you left me with a stranger."

"Zahara, you're not a child. Grow up." She scoffed.

I stared at her for a moment. Did I want to sit next to her throughout the next few hours. No.

I packed my bag and picked my cup up.

"Are you serious? You're going to leave?" She argued. I glared at her and ignored her question, moving as far away from her as possible. She wasn't even a friend. How do friends let each other do these things? I felt my eyes filling with tears, and I subtly wiped them and looked down at my notebook. No way was I going to cry in a hall full of students. I began doodling to distract myself until the lecture started. I was going to make no more friends. I came to study, and that's all I was going to do.

When it was over, I left again. I checked my phone to see a message from Mary. My heart dropped at her message.

'Don't come home.'

I panicked immediately and called her. I didn't even know what happened now. I was going to go regardless to apologise to her for whatever I had upset her with. Maybe her parents were upset with me and didn't want me to live there anymore.

Her phone just rang and then went straight to voicemail. Could my life get worse? What had I done to deserve this? I didn't ever hurt anyone. It's like everything terrible that could happen is happening to me and all at once.

I had nowhere to go if Mary kicks me out. I wasn't going to go back to Samir, that would be even more embarrassing. I couldn't go to my parents just so they could push me around again. I had to find another accommodation quickly. This bus ride was taking much longer than usual. I had a few minutes till I reached her home. Until then I googled some cheap hotels near my university. Thankfully, the prices weren't too bad until I found something permanent.

The bus finally came to its stop, and I practically ran to her house, huffing and puffing. I unlocked the door and saw Mary standing by the door.

"Mary, I'm sorry -"

My apology came to a stop when I noticed who was standing near her.

The suited man turned around, and my breath got caught in my throat.

"Hello, doll."

♡°•●○___________________________○●•°♡

Next Chapter up!!!

Anyways, I know I've stopped ranting at the end of the chapters. How are you guys doing? The world is upside-down rn. So much was and a literal genocide. I pray it all ends in peace.

Please remember to Vote and Comment the thoughts.

Z.A.B