CHAPTER 5

NEVER HAVE I EVER

***

I glanced at my reflection in the mirror after I was done getting dressed. Unlike every other day, I made the decision of keeping my wings unhidden. After descending the stairs, I found myself in the kitchen with everyone else.

Charlie and Vaggie were sitting at the table with Angel Dust, while Alastor was standing next to them and Niffty was running around with a broom in hand.

"Good morning, Kira!" the Princess told me with a smile on her lips.

"Oh, she has wings." the Radio Demon grinned, tilting his head slightly to the right.

"Morning." I murmured as I stood next to Husk, who was leaning against the counter.

I opened a cabinet, but before I could even grab a cup, the gambler handed me one that was already filled with coffee. I let a subtle smile form itself on the corner of my lips, satisfied by the surprise. I grabbed the cup and swallowed a long sip of it.

"How'd you know?" I wondered, locking eyes with Husk.

It was exactly the way I liked it to be. Half alcohol, half coffee.

"Had a feeling." he replied, shrugging his shoulders.

Angel left for work and I chugged the rest of my beverage.

"Any plans for today?" I then asked to Charlie.

"I have a lot of things on my mind and I don't know where to start." she replied.

I completely zoned out and blocked all noises as she continued to talk.

"I'll run some errands." I interrupted her, guessing that it was on her list.

"Really?" she smiled.

I nodded in silence.

"That's very nice of you!" she told me.

I put my empty cup in the sink and I buried the list she gave me in one of the pockets of my oversized leather jacket. I started walking away, but Alastor suddenly teleported himself right in front of me, blocking my way out of the kitchen.

"Why don't I tag along?" he suggested.

He looked down on me and I looked up to him.

"Alastor, we need your help here to fix the wall and..." Vaggie started to say.

The Radio Demon snapped his fingers with a large grin, keeping his eyes locked with mine.

"Done." he nodded, holding his hands behind his back.

The wall that had been destroyed yesterday was now in perfect condition, as if nothing had ever happened to it.

"The list is getting shorter. That's great!" Charlie cheered of joy.

"Why do you wanna come with me?" I asked to the one facing me, quietly.

"Why not?" Alastor leaned forward for his face to be closer to mine.

"No." I refused, pushing him to the side and walking past him.

"Thank you, Kira! I really appreciate it!" Charlie said from afar.

I closed the door of the hotel and I put a cigarette between my lips before I sighed.

"What do you want?" I asked, feeling his presence behind me.

"I know someone who's not in a good moo-"

"You don't know me, Alastor." I interrupted him and started walking away.