holding u

"can i tell you a secret?"

"hm?"

"i.."

"i'm really scared of the dark."

you chuckle as jungwon gives a genuine scared look.

"this isn't funny y/n!"

"how do i help you? i can't keep the lights on all night."

"uhm.."

suddenly, jungwon raises his hand from under the blanket, leaving it resting by his face.

'does he want me to...'

"can you hold my hand?"

thankfully it's dark, and he can't see how absolutely red you are. your face is on fire, and your heart is nearly beating out of your chest.

"yeah of course..!"

you reach your hand out and you both interlock fingers. his hand was really soft..

"thank you."

soon, you both begin to drift into sleep, facing each other, fingers interlocked.

JUNGWON POV :

'ahh i hope she believed that lie. i'm really not scared of the dark but i didn't know how else to ask to hold her hand. i probably seem like a coward now!'

i open my eyes and see y/n. my eyes adjusted to the darkness so i can make out some of her features.

she truly is the most beautiful woman ive ever seen. her lips are a perfect hue of pink, her eyes are sweet, and her smile, don't get me started.

i'm so lucky to have gotten to know her over these past few days. i'm grateful to be able to call her a close friend of mine.

she brings me comfort, and she makes me happy. i could be the angriest, saddest person in the whole universe. but the light that she brings me doesn't compare, and will always brighten my life up.

as i caress her hand with my thumb, i too, begin to finally fall asleep.

[ 8 HOURS LATER ]

Y/N's POV

the birds start chirping loudly outside .

you try to get up to grab your phone on your nightstand but there's a weight holding you down. there's two arms wrapped around you, one holding your hand. soft, delicate breaths that you could hear.

'jungwon..'

'jungwon..'

'OH MY HELP JUNGWON IS HOLDING ME HES HOLDING ME WE ARE CUDDLING HELP ME HELP WHAT DO YOU MEAN OH MY GOSH I CANNOT BREATHE IM GONNA EXPLODE'

"y/n..~?"

a raspy, sweet voice called.

"jungwon..?"

"what time is it..?"

"10am, wonie."

"mm"

and with that, you felt him snuggle up to your back and fall asleep again.

A/N : LISTEN IK THINGS ARE MOVING FAAAST BUT IN MY HEAD THEYVE BEEN FRIENDS FOR LONGER THAN IVE WRITTEN ALSO LIKE I THINK LIKE ITS PRETTY CLEAR THEY LIKE EACH OTHER YKWIM LIKE 🙏🙏

mb if things are moving fast, might slow things down in upcoming chapters.

also! i cannot stop listening to enhypens i need u cover! i'm planning on writing a short jungwon ff based off of it! ;)