mine all mine

my love mine all mine- mitski (I don't care if I've already put it sh)

"PFFT YEAH RIGHT" you shout with laughter inbetween breaths. You catch your breath after a long minute of silence between the two of you wheezing your heads off. You reach for his shoulder and bop your head down onto his chest squinting your eyes shut. He grabs your arm stabilising himself from falling back as the intensity of the laughter grows, the humour seemingly not being able to die down.

He stutters the first letter of his sentence a couple of times trying to get his words out. "N-no yes" he huffs gasping for air as the hilarity of the claim consumes you both. Finally you both settle down, a shared sigh escaping your mouths. You clear your throat earning back your voice and decide to speak up again.

"That was the funniest thing ever oh my God" you giggle while he thoroughly watches you calm down. After a while of further discussion Matt notices it start to get a little late realising he had to now leave. He had never intended to delay his return beyond the agreed-upon time. As he picks himself off of the ground he reluctantly waves goodbye heading out of the room.

"Love yaaa" he calls out from the living room while you silently whisper back with even more affection for him not to hear. You had fallen deeply in love with this man and it was starting to get to you.

Ever since you could remember, you'd always seen Matt in this bright shining light illuminating off of him like he was the most perfect human to exist. His warm smile could warm up the arctics, his eyes could awe a puppy, his cheekbones could slice an apple.

He was the epitome of gorgeous.

It ran in the family, there genetics carried some sort of spell from Cupid. Nick was so pretty and so was Chris, but it didn't mean you were attracted to them too. It just meant that you found Matt to be more attractive with not just his insanely good looks, but also his brilliant personality.

You two were like 2 peas in a pod as everyone described it. Inseparable you were, it was the both of you against the world. You'd always wonder if Matt too saw you as something more..more than just 'best friends'. You wondered if you both were just too afraid to speak up, and if one of you did that you'd be something by now.

Because it was eating you up deeply, the thought of Matt in another girls arms, the thought of Matt leaving you behind for someone who probably didn't know him like you did. You didn't want to seem possessive but there seriously wasn't any other word to use. You wanted that man for yourself, and yourself only.

And you were gonna work your way up to eventually make it happen....

Just maybe not now.

Your friendship was too strong to risk it all in a matter of seconds. Confessing to him wasn't going to be like your silly old fantasies or ones in movies because those were scripted, this wasn't.

This was purely off of chance, a chance you were willing to take in order for you to get what you'd always wanted, his heart. If it wasn't him who was going to step up and say something then you'd do it. You'd man up for the sake of fulfilling your desires.

You grab out your journal, the one you spilt all your darkest secrets into. It knew you more then anyone as per say. If anyone had read even a word, even slightly skimmed over it you were completely done for. You weren't obsessed, you didn't like that word. It was just a simple crush that was all!

You reach over your night lamp to grab a pen off of your desk, then fall forward leaning on your belly against the sheets. You swayed your legs flipping through pages to find an empty spot. Once you had found one you began to tap your pen onto your chin, trying to think of a way to start the poem.