chapter 10

Chapter 10

*William Fox*

"Ermmm...." Art muttered before me when we are all having some breakfast.

"What?" I said with grimace.

"Ermm..."

"Spit it out Art."

"My mom called, she said she wanted to talk to you." He said very quickly.

"I thought they wouldn't notice if you're gone or not?"

"Yeah they do... but Mrs. Ema called them."

"Didn't you inform her that you will be staying here?" I asked.

"I did, but she didn't have her hearing aids when I told her." He casually said.

I shook my head. This kid is unbelievable.

"What? I didn't know that she didn't have it, she seemed to be listening to me while I was talking." He explained.

"Okay let them call me later, after work." I said.

"What time are you coming back?" Larissa asked.

"Well... ammm... I don't know, I will just call you guys on my way home."

"Be careful." Neola said.

"Thanks." There is some seriousness in her eyes. "Don't worry... I'll be fine." I assured her. She smiled.

I went to the office leaving them behind. I feel like an old man going to work for the sake of his children. When I got into my office tons of paper works greeted me. I had to attend meeting here and there. I made some appointments for some clients.

But the thought of Leaving Neola is still on my mind. Yeah Art is there to take care of her while I'm gone... but I don't know... I feel something might happen to her while I'm not around. I've already encountered the Vipers and they really want her dead so badly. Her own relative wants her dead just to become powerful, I guess there are peo- mermaids that are craving for powers for themselves.

The day went by quickly. Before I met those guys I would be partying right now, especially if it's Friday. Some of my acquaintances invited me but I refused. I need to go back home. They teased me for going home early. I wanted to explain but I just ignored them, which would be the best thing to do now.

"Welcome home!" Art and Larissa said with so much enthusiasm. Kids.

"Hey have you heard that there is a big lake near here? Like just 2 and a half hours drive?" Art said.

"What do you want?"

"Can we go there?" Larissa said.

"It's near the River Valley." Art added.

"River Valley?" If it's near there, then it means... that's the place where my first date with Devon. The lake... how can I forget that place.

"Is there something wrong?" I heard Neola in my mind. I looked at her direction, she looked worried.

"I'm fine, don't worry." I said, that made Art and Larissa looked at the both of us.

"Are we interrupting something?" Art said in a teasing way.

I patted his head hard. "OW" he said.

"Did your parents called?" it's like a cue because the phone rang and it was his parents.

I talked to them about Art and that he would be staying with me because he can 'babysit my nieces' and they agreed they told me that finally their son is learning to be independent. I just made some concession to end all the questions that can make me lie to them.