chapter 8

Chapter 8

*William Fox*

This has been a long vacation for me. At first it was just a simple ‘moving on’ trip, but instead I found Neola, the next heir to the throne of Althea. I found out that I am her ‘protector’ and that she need to be with me or else we will both die in the hands of the Vipers which was sent by her uncle Amasis who is the evil one that wants to rule over the biggest ocean division of the world, the pacific ocean which eventually rule the whole oceanic world.

I’m still adjusting to my situation, seems like I’m not the only one cause recently I’ve met Arthur, ‘Art’ for short, who is the protector of Larissa, Neola’s sister. Like me, he was also chosen by the ‘moon’, and we both saw them naked and kind of use to it now a day. Dealing with these drop-dead-gorgeous girls is hard to deal with, we both agree on that, especially when they are naked!

Before I lose my sanity I have to go back to work, Brandon and Devon will be back soon from their honeymoon. But facing them now wouldn’t so awkward as I thought it would be, Neola’s appearance has been a great help, not because she’s beautiful and stuff, it’s because of these power and Viper thing that can make me think of something else aside from being miserable.

I woke up early in the morning not surprise that a pretty face is looking at me… Neola. Ever since the day that we met, she never sleep without me and away from me. She’s always clinging to me, and surprisingly to myself, I haven’t done anything to her… yet. I don’t know until when can I endure this feeling.

“Good morning.” I said.

“Good morning,” She said.

I went up straight to bathroom, I needed my morning routine. I went straight to the kitchen for breakfast Neola just followed me. I cooked some bacon and eggs. Toast some bread and breakfast is ready.

“You like it?” I asked as I am watching her eating it gratefully.

“Yes, you cook very well.” She said.

“Thanks, now I have to go to work, so you will be left here alone.”

“What’s work?” she asked.

I sighed. “work… it’s something that humans do to make for a living, we have to work so that we can buy things that we need and like, now that you’re here with me I need to work even more.” I said.

“Why do you have to work more?”

“Because… you eat a lot.” I said, trying to tease her. It’s not that I need to work more just for her. having her is no problem at all in terms of money issues.

“I’m sorry.” She said and stopped eating, her eyes becomes orange.

“Oh no… you don’t have to be sad, I’m sorry I was just teasing you.” I said.

“But, your right, I forgot that humans don’t do the same as us.” She said with a guilty tone.

“No your nothing,… I mean you don’t affect my expenses… you don’t even spend a quarter of what I spend… argh… how can I explain this.” I said and went nearer to her. “Look, you’re not being a burden to me… I mean… you like simple things and those simple things makes you happy so I’m giving stuff to you because I want to, okay?”

“But…”

“No buts! All you have to do is to be safe here.” I said when she was about to protest.

She looked at me and smiled, now her eyes are back to violet. “Okay… thanks.”

“Good, so you have to promise me that you will contact me whenever there is trouble okay… you can use this.” I told her and handed her the telephone.