chapter 6

Chapter 6

*William Fox*

We arrived at my apartment.  Drop our bags and silence is still in our midst. I can’t stand it anymore, I needed some explanation!!

“Can you now start at the very beginning?” I told her. She looked at me and pressed her lips.

She sighed. “ I’m a mermaid…” she said waiting for my reaction.

I exhaled loudly. “Yes… and?”

“As I was saying before, there are two kingdoms reigning in the Pacific Ocean, it’s the largest ocean in the world. King Amasis ruled the north and my father king Xerxes rules the South, east, and west.”

“It doesn’t sound fair, why does King Amasis only rule the south?”

“Because he was the second born, so he is not the priority. The first born is my father king Xerxes.”

“Oh… now I get it.”

“My grandfather gave him the thrown and to rule the whole Pacific, but my uncle King Amasis made a revolt and some of the Altheans who has a dark conscience and doesn’t want my father as a ruler joined him… and now they are ruling the south.”

“So your father is not a good ruler?” I asked.

“He is, there are just some Altheans that wants the power that my father possesses and they don’t like him because he is too generous to his fellow Altheans.”

“Okay… so how about those Vam… Vipers?” I almost slipped into calling them vampires.

“They are the creatures that King Amasis had summoned to be with him, they are trackers. The dark crystals on their chest, it’s an orra, an amulet that can give them that power. But my father gave me protection before he sent me away, this.” She said and touched the transparent crystal on her chest.

“So.. you have an orra too, so why not use it?”

“All of us have an orra, it has different uses. Mine is the most powerful, that’s why they want me dead.”

“Why did your father gave you that dangerous thing?”I asked.

“It is my Kadri… my destiny. I am next in line with the thrown so I have this, but it was buried to me too early that’s why I lost my voice physically. This orra should not be buried until my 10th natal day or you humans call birthday.”

“What? Can you say that again?”

She sighed. “it is my kadri…” she really is going to say it again.

“No not that part… that natal part..”

“Oh my 10th natal day or birthday?”

My mouth dropped open. My eyebrow rose.

“You’re tenth birthday?”

“Yes… is there something wrong about that?” She said.

“uh- yeah… so your only nine years old?” I feel like a Dirty Old Man.

“Yes.”

“How… how did you grow up like that?”

“I don’t know… it’s just how we are.”

There was a moment of thinking for me. No wonder she looks innocent cause aside from her being a mermaid… she is innocent. I though.

“Is there anything else you want to ask?” she said.

“okay.. so what will happen in your Natal day?”

“That will be the time that my orra will be on its full power. It will have the colors of the rainbow.”