Chapter 16:

The months after Christmas were long and dreary and the sun barely shown. Getting over Timothee had proven to be harder than I had thought even though it had been seven months since we left Positano. Each day I woke up and looked out my window expecting a sign of spring but would be constantly disappointed by rain. I let the sky cry the tears I held back.
When Sienna and I went to try on dresses for our prom the topic began with the Angelini's. "I can't believe Luca is going to drive up here to miss his own prom and come to ours." I said astonished. "I know! He's so sweet." Sienna said excitedly. I had told her what had happened on the balcony with Timothee but neither of us wanted to bring it up again. The rain was depressing enough. "I wish it was still summer. Everything was perfect and there was nothing to worry about. I can't seem to move on from that faultless time." Sienna said bringing up the best time of my life. "I think we can't let go of our summer memories because they are constant reminders of perfect stories we never thought would end." I said thoughtfully. Sienna had to agree. 

We entered the dress shop with a determination to find our flawless prom dress. We rifled through dress after dress with no success. I pulled out silk, ruffles, greens and reds but nothing felt right. I pulled a glittery green dress and a silky blue one off the shelves and headed to the change room where Sienna had begun trying on piles of dresses. "Found anything yet?" I asked. "Nope. And you would think with all these options I would have found the perfect one...OMG" Sienna exclaimed. "What?" I said eagerly. She swung back the curtain to reveal a light-yellow silk dress. The material was loose and shimmered in the light. My jaw dropped. "It's perfect!" I said excitedly. "It is isn't it." Sienna said twirling around in front of the mirror. "This is the one for sure." She said determinedly, "I'm going to put all these away." I stepped into my own change room and tried on the green dress with no luck. I ran my hand over the blue silk and noticed how alike the colour was to the dress I wore on my first day meeting the Angelini's in Positano. I guess it's true when they say you can take the girl out of the Italy but not Italy out of the girl. I pulled on the blue dress and zipped the back. I put down my hair and stared at myself in the mirror. I was mad that my first thought was of what Timothee would think of the dress. Tilting my head to the side I examined the dress closer. The glittery material gave a wispy effect to the different layers of dress and the blue reminded me of the waves of an ocean. The dress went just to the floor, and it had no sleeves leaving a special necklace in the open. I thought back to a time in Positano I had never told anyone. When Timothee and I had spent the day in town and had wandered by a jeweller. He and seen my curiosity of the shop and had led me inside, after examining all the beautiful designs I had said I was ready to go but he stopped me. Pick one he had said. I had been shocked, but he persisted and I choice a silver necklace with a small silver shell pendant. I wore in now because it served as a nice reminder that there is always a place I could go back too. I shook my head to focus on the task at hand: choosing a dress. After staring at myself for a while I finally got change and decided to by the dress. "You found a dress?" Sienna asked me as I joined her in the line-up. I nodded. "You have to show me later!" she exclaimed. I smiled, "Sounds good."